Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 8:36pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Re: Site Abuse »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Re: Site Abuse
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: Site Abuse  (Read 926 times)
desperate

Email

« on: Jan 6th, 2005, 5:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I bet these offending members all come under 1 IP !!  

So looks like <insert whatever title here> was playing silly-billies !!!!   So the handfull of members were right to question his motives.  You should be thankfull ?

What ??   Oh... your welcome  

LOL

Cheesy
IP Logged
TonyS

Scorpio Nutter - 12 years

View Profile

« Reply #1 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 11:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

In a years time I suspect the naive abuse of the site will finish many cars off.  

Direct quotes from Ford

"Germany has the part on back order ... no they have not ordered more " - Fuel Pressure Regulator

"Bosch have stopped making the part and you are best looking for a secondhand part" - Fuel Injector

The parts supply situation for the Scorpio is going to get worse as time goes by as Ford have no interest in the car or it's maintainance .. more in getting them crushed and us all driving the latest Eurobox.

Whatever happened I have to say the medium term future of the Scorpio is going to depend upon people prepared to stockpile new and used spares. The motivation for this will most probably be profit but, given my recent experience where I was lucky to find a person with a good supply of injection spares I would have sent another 24v to the scrap heap, we need to be careful.

For owners of the 24v (made upto 199Cool be aware that Ford no longer support or provide any guarantee of spares for Engine parts. My local FMD is sending parts to an independant for repair ..
IP Logged

1996 Mk4 2.9 24v Estate
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 11:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

But Tony, this happens all the time with cars. There are still loads of minis on the roads, loads of moggie minors and the like. The only difference with the Scorpio is that there was never many made in the first place and they are dying out very quickly because they are so cheap to buy that anyone with a grand in cash can buy what was a 25 grand car. What they don't bank on is the cost of spares (and availability) and when things do go wrong it costs a fortune to put right at dealer prices. Fords should be made to stock parts for these cars for at least 10 years after production because I for one wouldn't like to have bought mine new for 28 grand and have it on a scrapheap after 6 years of regular service and TLC because they (Fords) can't be bothered to maintain the parts supply. It is a disgrace!

Baz
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.