Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 4:33pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« An idea for the forum »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   An idea for the forum
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: An idea for the forum  (Read 1535 times)
Just Call Me Captain

Email

An idea for the forum
« on: Feb 8th, 2005, 9:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Good morning crew,

Just received this email from the other site I have joined whilst awaiting to get my next SCORPIO.

Please see below - would be a good idea for our forums - obviously - year of birth is not required  Wink Cheesy Wink

Hello CallmeCaptain,

We at www.vvoc.com  - The Worlds Most Popular Vectra Community would like to wish you a happy birthday today!

Regards - Captain

IP Logged
Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

Re: An idea for the forum
« Reply #1 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 11:00am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ar, Happy Birthday, Captain!

IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
waders

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 11:18am »

Captain, waders & PiercedEllie.
IP Logged
Vulcan

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 1:16pm »

Hi Michael,
happy birthday by the way....

This forum is based on the YaBB bullitin board and as such in it's "vanilla" state it does not allow for the emailing of members on their birthdays.

When you first set up the board it has a standard set of functions which you can add to over time using "Boardmod" (an application and a website  Wink)

I have had a bit of a peruse on Boardmod and their are several "mods" which activate on members birthdays but none which email members. Most of the mods just add a birthday flag to the posts on the members B/day and add a small "birthdays today" section on the info section on the main page.

Mods are sometimes not easy to add to these YaBB boards and can screw them up royally if done wrong.... usually it's best to wait for the next updated board to come along with all the cool features already installed.

For the board admins: Check out the YaBB site, YaBB 2 has been released and looks rather nice... Grin
IP Logged
LiverpaulH

My bird!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 10:18am »

I think we have all so far over looked a very important point....a vectra owners club Shocked, you're having a laugh! Wink Grin

Cheers
Paul

BTW Happy birthday for yesteday captain.
IP Logged

Still hankering after a new scorpio- Aus BA Falcon, 5 years later and I still love it!
bertie

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 9:27pm »

as the saying goes...................the car you drive reflects the person you are.................

haa haaa

time to get the Scorpio sharpish I think

happy 60ish Captain
IP Logged
Just Call Me Captain

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 10th, 2005, 3:10pm »

Thank you for your birthday wishes

Much appreciated  Wink

Captain
IP Logged
admin
Administrator

The Big Boss

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Feb 11th, 2005, 7:30pm »

on Feb 8th, 2005, 1:16pm, Vulcan wrote:
Hi Michael,
happy birthday by the way....

This forum is based on the YaBB bullitin board and as such in it's "vanilla" state it does not allow for the emailing of members on their birthdays.

When you first set up the board it has a standard set of functions which you can add to over time using "Boardmod" (an application and a website  Wink)

I have had a bit of a peruse on Boardmod and their are several "mods" which activate on members birthdays but none which email members. Most of the mods just add a birthday flag to the posts on the members B/day and add a small "birthdays today" section on the info section on the main page.

Mods are sometimes not easy to add to these YaBB boards and can screw them up royally if done wrong.... usually it's best to wait for the next updated board to come along with all the cool features already installed.

For the board admins: Check out the YaBB site, YaBB 2 has been released and looks rather nice... Grin

I checked Version 2 but it warns that the migration tools may fail with large boards and I'm not sure we can take a chance on not getting all the members and messages transferred across.

Also there are very few Boardmods that apply to our version of YaBB - I've tested a few and most fail with this version Sad

Regards

Steve
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.