Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 6:08am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« New Page »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   New Page
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Page  (Read 737 times)
Eric_R
Administrator

Cosworth Owner 1998 - 2006 & site co-founder

View Profile

New Page
« on: Jul 3rd, 2005, 3:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Folks,

New page now up - advice for maintaining the sunroof from Andrew H - this is good advice to prevent your own sunroof jamming.
http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/sunroof.htm
Thanks for that, Andrew.  

Update:
My service costs page:- http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/servicenew.htm

BTW - if anyone sends any new stuff to me at articles@fordscorpio.co.uk, can you make sure they are zipped in a folder?  I have received some files recently, but they have been so mangled by my BT anti-virus protection that I couldn't see what they were or who they're from.

Thanks.

EricR
IP Logged

After a Cosworth, anything else is just ... ordinary
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

Re: New Page
« Reply #1 on: Jul 3rd, 2005, 4:39pm »

hi eric

that's for putting the sunroof page up. hopefully save a few people some money on repairs.

IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jul 5th, 2005, 9:57am »

Eric R, Andrew. Thanks for the new page. Although I have no problems with my sun-roof as soon as I get off this machine I shall give the roof a check over particularly the 'hole'at the front to oil the cables. Regards, Simmo
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 5th, 2005, 1:15pm »

Many thanks Eric, and Andrew for the sunroof advice. Our sunroof was stuck shut until recently but now we should be able to keep it going smoothly  Cheesy

Running costs page make interesting reading too.

Cheers  Smiley

IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
andyjones

1998 2.3 ultima estate

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 5th, 2005, 6:47pm »

just read the running costs, £8700 in 7 years Huh. o.m.g. put you off scorpio ownership for life Grin
IP Logged
dart

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 7th, 2005, 10:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Andy,you are a Gem Wink
IP Logged
Eric_R
Administrator

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jul 8th, 2005, 12:44am »

Andy,
Yes, it seems a lot, doesn't it?  But I haven't thought of it that way.  It's been the most reliable car I've ever owned, and I've thrashed it with heavy loads up and down the country and across Europe more times than I can remember.  
The first heavy bills were because of neglect by the first owner (a Ford main dealership, incidentally) then a catalyst belonging to a batch that was faulty.  The steering rack and front radius arms I'm sure are due to the position of my garage that necessitates full lock to get in and out, which is bound to create more wear than normal.
Tyre wear was a bit startling with the P6000 and were very expensive, but the price of this size has come down sharply now, and the Pirellis are wearing a lot better.  I could have scrimped a bit and kept odd fitments instead of full sets, but I don't do that.

I could have scrimped on the brake disks by buying OM parts, and perhaps fitted a secondhand compressor instead of a new one.  I could have bought a cheap fitted autobox instead of having the same box reconditioned by an expert - but I prefer to do things properly first time round.  That's just me.

On the other hand the car has led to a fellowship with marvellous people I would never have met otherwise - Pete C, Steve C, Snoopy here on the Forum, James A and Steve C the electronics wizards, and the many contributors.  It has led to this site and the most absorbing hobby for these past 5 years, a voyage of discovery culminating in all these pages, available to any Scorpio owner wherever s/he may be in the World.  IMV this is what the Internet is really about and I'm proud of what we have all achieved.

For all this (and the pleasure of driving my Cosworth) I think £8,700 is cheap.  Wink
IP Logged

scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 8th, 2005, 7:30am »

Agree

never has driving an 'older' car been so much fun.  

thanks to all at fordscorpio.co.uk

IP Logged
Boblavens

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 8th, 2005, 12:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Eric and All

If you take the standard bills i.e. servicing, tyres and the likes of brake pads (The things that wear out on any car), Then the combination of bad luck and age of car it really isn't a huge amount left/
Is it?
Even in total alowing for 12000 miles a year it is only about 12 pence per mile on top of the petrol.
Considering it is not getting any younger "Like Us" your motor is doing quite well
IP Logged
andyjones

1998 2.3 ultima estate

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Jul 8th, 2005, 7:06pm »

Eric, all i can say mate is you have to be the most luckless person i know when it comes to tyres Shocked. i bet you're on the local tyre dealers christmas card list Grin
IP Logged
Eric_R
Administrator

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Jul 9th, 2005, 12:39am »

Andy -  
Yes.   Grin  They know me by my first name.  Wink
I get a nice Christmas card every year signed by the manager.

Really.

IP Logged

Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Jul 9th, 2005, 6:53pm »

Never in the field of car ownership has so much been owed by so many to so few!!!

And as for the anywhere in the world bit....I'm in a mobile home in the South of France....so yes it is available here too. Thank heavens or I would have to talk to the wife a lot more!!

Cheers Eric!!
IP Logged
music_master

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Jul 10th, 2005, 10:13pm »

hello too all admin  Grin since i became a member of the site i really enjoyed reading all the probs and advice colums regarding the scorpio but 1 thing is for sure if you look after it the car will look after you and im still learning about it keep up the good work guys  p.s lets not forget baz craig paul b scorp man  their input is valuable toooooooo Grin  reagards music master
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.