Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 10:25am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Cars For Sale Section? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Cars For Sale Section?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cars For Sale Section?  (Read 1500 times)
DJWerkz

Email

Cars For Sale Section?
« on: Aug 14th, 2006, 12:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

As I am going to be selling my Scorpio I was looking for the correct place to list it but all I found on this site was a text message about the 'Parts For Sale' page stating that cars should be listed in the 'Cars For Sale Section',...where is that??

For those that may be interested, the car I will be selling is:

1995 Scorpio Ultima estate 24v
The car shows approx. 90,000 on the clock but it had a second-hand replacement engine which has 26,000 less miles on it and came from an N plate car.

We had to have a replacement engine due to the original one being wrecked by a local garage after a poor timing chain job.  they paid for a replacement engine.

We have been through the car and got it to almost 100% complete and fully operational.  New parts list is just too long to list here in full but it includes proper heavy duty battery, correct radiator, Magnecor spark plug leads four new tyres etc. etc.

We have also sourced any item through this web site that we felt was missing or not up to the right condition on the car and to my knowledge know of only two items that are missing; the plastic shroud that covers the air intake and air conditioning top-up valve under the bonnet, and the under gearbox plastic cover (which I assume was there once).

Car is finished in Tourmallard green.

Since engine replacement last December car was given full oil drain after 500 miles then every 3000 miles thereafter.  We only use a high quality synthetic oil.

Engine is totally quiet with no rattles.

We have just replaced the front gearbox oil seal, gearbox oil screen and sump gasket, and while we had the gearbox out to do this, we replaced the rear crank seal, although there was no reason to do this other than convenience.  Also just replaced the rear n/s rubber drive shaft boot too.

I will be looking to get a 4x4 type vehicle instead of the Scorpio, this will be better for back in terms of getting in and out as I will not have to drop drop into the car.

I will leave the FM modulator installation in the car so that any future owner can connect up their iPod or other audio device to the stereo.  Stereo is a single DIN JVC cassette radio with CD multi-changer control (no CD multi-changer is included).

MOT is up in January 2007 I believe but I will need to verify.  There will be no tax as I get free road tax as I am a disabled driver (V5 form will also need to be changed by new owner from 'Disabled' class to regular motor vehicle - simple form change), so tax will have to be removed by me at time of sale.

Had a valuation around the £1500 mark so think this seems about right.
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: Cars For Sale Section?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 14th, 2006, 6:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

It's here .http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/asd_advancedsearch.htm.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 14th, 2006, 7:16am »

NOT there!  its here http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/asd_addacar.htm
But you can get to it from Simmo's link  
 Grin Grin Grin Grin
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Aug 14th, 2006, 7:48am »

You're so masterfull !!!!. Grin Grin Grin
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
DJWerkz

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 14th, 2006, 10:38am »

Cheers lads, will list it on the correct site.

Update:  Listed the car and got a request to pay by PayPal but when I clicked the link I got an IE error message and IE closed down.
IP Logged
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Aug 14th, 2006, 11:59am »

That's why you should use Opera  Wink
IP Logged

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Norway
Mummra

Mummra-the-ever -living

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 14th, 2006, 12:08pm »

Well I have always preferred FIREFOX Cheesy

IE sucks.
IP Logged
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Aug 14th, 2006, 12:35pm »

Firefox is good and a thousand times better than IE, but doesn't beat Opera  Wink

IP Logged

DJWerkz

Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 14th, 2006, 12:48pm »

I had nothing but problems with Firefox and didn't like it.  They are all wanna be IE anyway and I've never had any problems with IE before until today, which I now understand why, and it's ntohing to do with IE.

Personal choice at the end of the day.
IP Logged
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Aug 14th, 2006, 1:07pm »

Except that IE now wants to be Opera and the new IE7 is almost a complete rip-off off Opera's interface and functions. Tab'ed browsing? Opera had that several years ago, Download manager? same story,  

Besides, don't get me started on the security flaw count  Wink

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/17/disclosure_debate/

Quote:
Other browsers had fewer flaws, Moore said. He discovered some issues with Mozilla's Firefox, but the group fixed them quickly, he said. Opera's browser, at least the most recent version, stood up quite well.

"Opera 8.5 fell apart 10 different ways, but 9.0 looks pretty solid," he said.
IP Logged

DJWerkz

Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 14th, 2006, 1:28pm »

Have just installed Opera and am giving it a whirl Wink

Initial concern is that it seems to run much slower than IE, page loading is much slower than I am used to and quite dis-jointed.
IP Logged
Mummra

Mummra-the-ever -living

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Aug 14th, 2006, 2:26pm »

I have been using Firefox for years now, and the only problem I have had is with the hotmail site, apart from that I have found so much better, faster and a lot more stable than IE, which used to crash on me on a daily basis.  

Firefox has tab browsing, a download manager, automatic deletion of cache, cookies, history and personal information. Also with the downloadable themes and software extensions it is probably the most versatile and user friendly browser.

I also agree that IE7 is just ripping off other far superior browsers to make it better, but they will never overcome the security issues that have always plagued it.
IP Logged
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Aug 14th, 2006, 7:56pm »

on Aug 14th, 2006, 1:28pm, DJWerkz wrote:
Have just installed Opera and am giving it a whirl Wink

Good boy  Grin

on Aug 14th, 2006, 1:28pm, DJWerkz wrote:

Initial concern is that it seems to run much slower than IE, page loading is much slower than I am used to and quite dis-jointed.

Very strange. It is faster than IE on my computer, atleast usually. IE is quicker on a small number of (broken) pages, but those are rarities.

Here's a few quickies:

1. If you find that the site has too many ads, just right click on a blank spot and select "block content", then click on anything you want removed, then select "done" when you're done.

2. If the site claims that Opera isn't supported, right click on a blank spot again, "site settings" or something like that, "network", "mask as internet explorer", then Opera will disguise itself as Internet Explorer 6.0 to that page.

3. The trash can icon on the tab bar holds the sites you closed since you last opened Opera

4. The tab bar can be set to automatically increase its size when you open many tabs, just right click on it and select customize and on the bottom list box, select the "several lines" (or something like that) alternative.

5. You can change the skin if you select tools -> looks (or something like that) -> find more skins

Some of the names may be wrong, as I use the Norwegian version  Smiley

Edit

6. If you use your middle mouse button when you click on links, the link will always open in a new tab. Probably one of my favourites  Grin
IP Logged

DJWerkz

Email

« Reply #13 on: Aug 15th, 2006, 12:12am »

Page loading seems to have improved somewhat now, I wonder if it was something to do with my firewall setings.  Anyway, I like what I see so far, especially the feature when you re-open the Opera browser it has the previous web pages you were on still available as tabs.  That's real cool.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.