Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 8:22am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Thieving T@ats »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Thieving T@ats
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Thieving T@ats  (Read 6269 times)
bertie

Email

Thieving T@ats
« on: Oct 15th, 2006, 9:17am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_arti cle_id=410449&in_page_id=1770&ico=Homepage&icl=TabModule&icc=NEWS&ct=5

makes my blood boil
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

Re: Thieving T@ats
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15th, 2006, 9:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I can see a day coming in the very near future when the people of this country are going to take this government down.  

Amazing that all this money can be spent on traffic enforcement, but that we can't look after our sick and elderly. We can ignore crime and criminals but we can't smoke in a pub. We can't choose NOT to have a TV licence, and every day we are checked, double checked, and spied on by more CCTV cameras than any other country in the world.

I reckon there's a whole heap of trouble just around the next pass hombres!!!  Sad
IP Logged
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Oct 15th, 2006, 11:02am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Although we don't have any proof, they use just about the same tactics in Norway. I know of one camera placed exactly where a dual lane road becomes a single lane road, and one neatly placed a couple of meters behind a HUGE sign. First one catches everyone being a little late in changing lanes, second one catches just about everyone who isn't aware. (I have a speedcam warning system in my car, so usually no problems)
IP Logged

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Norway
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 12:04am »

on Oct 15th, 2006, 9:29am, Spannerdemon wrote:
I can see a day coming in the very near future when the people of this country are going to take this government down.  

Amazing that all this money can be spent on traffic enforcement, but that we can't look after our sick and elderly. We can ignore crime and criminals but we can't smoke in a pub. We can't choose NOT to have a TV licence, and every day we are checked, double checked, and spied on by more CCTV cameras than any other country in the world.

I reckon there's a whole heap of trouble just around the next pass hombres!!!  Sad

I agree Spanners with everything you say....especially the bit about the elderly Smiley

Everyone moans about how much tax we pay & how honest people are persecuted when they do something wrong...i.e...caught speeding or not paying TV licence.

But the elderly really do have the raw deal. Huh

They've been there, done it & got the T-shirt. They've contributed to this country no end....& it wouldn't be like it is now if it weren't for them. So a little respect wouldn't go amiss.  
The government are like chavs...they shout "respect", but don't really have any. Angry

Successive governments have always ignored the plights of the elderly, because they have no real contribution to society.

"They used to make us rich, but not anymore" one gov minister says.
"They're no use anymore...lets just wait for them to die & then we will tax their inheritance", another fat, bloated, ruddy faced MP replies. Angry

You contribute so much to the economy of this country when you are young, but when you are old, you have your self respect & pride taken from you, & made to live on a pension that a paper boy wouldn't work for Angry

Reminds me of a little rhyme

...The forgotton war hero won't get his due.....for Queen & country have deserted you Huh
IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 12:13am »

Boy oh Boy,  there's one thing that sure infuriates the  righteous  ,  and that's  being caught fair and square breaking the law.

If you bleat about  

IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 12:28am »

Sorry pressed the wrong button.

........the governments  system  then the solution is quite simple.........

Don't speed,   and  you won't need to put money into Labour's coffers .
IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 12:39am »

Floppy it isn't about being caught fair and square.... it is about the ones who never get caught because the authorities are too bothered about catching speeding motorists than locking up people who prey on the elderly and vulnerable. Only today yet another bloke is killed in a random attack by young thugs. The doo gooders can hide their heads in the sand all they want but what Bertie and spanner say is right; the normal everyday people of this country will not put up with this forever, something has to give. If the Police think they can continue to screw evey last penny out of motorists like they are doing ( and I am not being righteous here, I don't speed, I don't drink and I have never run anyone over and killed them and only got 2 years in prison either!) then they are going to have to come out of the coffee shop and smell the fresh air.

The head of the army is showing the government up for the lies it pushed out about Iraq, Gordon Brown has about as much chance of being a succesful Primeminister as Neil Kinnock and all the time, Smiling Tony just continues to bowl along as though Labour have done nothing but good since they came to power. I guess if you count playing Robin Hood and taking all the hard earned money off the workers and giving it to the chavs and scum that want to lie round in bed all day and then go robbing at night then they have certainly acheived something.

Taxed to death by the Labour party........ a fitting end to the working man!
IP Logged
LiverpaulH

My bird!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 11:54am »

Bertie, Spanner, Johnny and Baz are spot on.  

At the end of the day if I speed and get caught so be it, but its the punishment and crime aspect or lack of it thats the problem. Middle class briton are the easy targets so get hit hardest, the local theiving pikey gets away with theft and damage and the rest because they play the system. It stinks and the government has really messed its priorities up.

If my driving at 5mph above a limit was a more henious crime that beating a pensioner up for money i'd understand, but it isn't and never will be.

Its too late now, simple as that.
Paul
IP Logged

Still hankering after a new scorpio- Aus BA Falcon, 5 years later and I still love it!
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 11:57am »

speed cameras are there just to make money? i dont think thats news falling on everyones ears, and i dont think it matters what government is in power, they will all collect revenue from them.
there's lots of problems with speed cameras, i.e. they cause accidents, and they do not stop bad/dangerous driving i.e. someone could be speeding and tailgating, as they approach a camera, slow down, then speed up and tailgate again. the only way to quickly reduce the diabolical driving in this country is to have more traffic police, but, theres a problem there, a traffic copper doesnt always issue fines, and you have to pay them wages, but the result is safer roads, which is better for everyone, well, except the government, any government, who, on the whole arent too interested in road safety, revenue yes, they're very quick to send out a bill for road tax which is purely financial, but do we get reminders about MOT's?.
there is also a public problem with traffic cops; public attitude, the fringe of which has been displayed earlier in this topic, and the time old comment of 'they should be catching real criminals' springs to mind, well think about that, we all use the roads, need too, our spouses do, for some of us our kids do. now, for an example, take mr. beemer driver, you all know him, he hasnt had the time to go to the garage for the bmw recall for all the indicators on his car failing, he overtakes you at speed on a blind bend and hits an oncoming car, basically a good example of dangerous driving. the occupant of the other car is hospitalised, some internal injuries, but will be ok, eventually. it turns out the beemer drivers MOT expired a week ago, like a lot of people he's been working hard, couldnt get booked in at the garage until tomorrow, but needed the car for a meeting, a usual life scenario that unfortunately ended up in an accident injuring someone.  
is he any less of a criminal than a 18 year old kid that snatches a ladies handbag?
personally i think not.
IP Logged

Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 2:57pm »

Cant see anything wrong with speed cameras, if you speed then why not pay the fine.
Why should it have to be fair? Are we being fair speeding??

They are only out to make money the same as everyone else, if we didnt speed they would have to do something else to get it..
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

dh_dove

There's no substitute for cubic capacity.

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 5:35pm »

Dear All
Whilst speed cameras may have been seen as a valuable road safety measure to begin with I think that what we have now is a load of self-perpetuating beaurocracies (ie "speed camera partnerships"), presumably on good money, who need to prosecute more and more people to pay their wages and pensions and feed the Government's increasing demands for cash from the motorist (#1 Criminal in the UK).  
You must have noticed how Police road patrols almost vanished after the introduction of cameras - trained officers are expensive and can exercise judgement, cameras are cheap, never sleep and cost little by comparison.
BUT What about the joyrider, thief, drunk, uninsured drivers? Lack of Police patrols means these Criminals get away time and time again.  
So, are speed cameras addressing crime on the roads, I think not!!!!!!!!!!!
On a lighter note DO CHECK OUT www.speedcam.co.uk - you'll love it I guarantee.
Best Wishes
DH Dove
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 5:38pm »

They are obviously catching people speeding efficiently enough though and they dont prosecute innocent motorists Smiley
IP Logged

dh_dove

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 5:43pm »

32 in a 30 limit................?
Whilst the scrote that stole your  Scorpio gets away due to lack of Police Patrols?
Sorry Highlander I can't sign up to that Huh
DH Dove
IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 5:46pm »

Why is the Government in a tizzy  over the  prison population ?

They wring their hands and  despair that within Europe we have more folk  in  jail  than  any other country  (  except Turkey,  who presumably have the right idea  ).  

The implication is simple enough  even for politicians to comprehend , maybe we have lots  more  Criminal  scumbags  per head of population than any other Country !!!  

Some  Number crunching  ( as they say )

USA population 295million    
 Prison Population 1.02 Million   ( .345%)

England&Wales population 53.4Million
    Prison Population 80 000   ( .149%)

( rough figures)

We've  a long way to go to match our  Atlantic chums, lets start building more jails and start jailing  more  scumbags   with longer    sentences. Kiss
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 6:03pm »

32 in a 30 is speeding which is breaking the law, although they usually dont prosecute till you do 10% + 2 mph due to possible calibration error.

I understand what everyone is saying but speeding is speeding and why not make money out of it by hitting people (WHO ARE BREAKING THE LAW) with fines and points by using cameras which are paying for themselves and making money for the people who own them..

IF we get to the stage when we can regularly catch burglars, muggers, rapists, murderers etc (The so called real criminals) with cameras will everyone complain then??
IP Logged

taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 6:32pm »

highlander, its not that 'black and white'.......

firstly is it ethical for a government (doesnt matter which one, they would all do it) to have a campaign placing speed cameras everywhere and inform the populus that its on the grounds of safety, even though various motoring organisations and countless individual studies have proven that in a lot of cases they actually cause accidents? and then to claim that the revenue goes back into roads, road safety campaigns etc?
then the knock on effect; the majority of areas have put up cameras, then reduced the amount of traffic cops, which increases bad driving as there's less traffic divisions to monitor roads, therefore the roads are less safe. this has lead to an increase of scroats 'taking a chance' with no insurance, false plates (for the cameras) etc i.e. a scroat hits your car, speeds off, you get his reg number, comes back as no trace, wheres a copper when you need one?
punishment should fit the crime; is being given 3 points on your licence for doing 75 in a 70 justifiable? if a traffic cop caught you for the same, unless you have similar offences, he or she will probably tell you off, embarass you, hold you up on your journey and send you on your way with your tail between your legs, but more importantly it will cause you to use your mirrors more often, which is safer for everyone.
fairness; lets say you get caught by a camera doing 74/75 in a 70, thats 60 quid please and have 3 points on your licence, but, this cant be right, you've never broken the limit, you go to court to challenge it, well, the camera was calibrated the very morning you got flashed, but you cant work it out, your speedo deffo said 68/70, well remember the threads a couple of weeks back about speedo inaccuracy? will the court be interested? nope.

i doubt whether anyone on here is against cameras in sensible locations i.e. on a busy road near a school etc but their prolific use has gone beyond a joke...
IP Logged

taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 6:41pm »

'32 in a 30 is speeding which is breaking the law, although they usually dont prosecute till you do 10% + 2 mph due to possible calibration error.'

they're changing the attitude with that highlander; a few months back the motorcyclenews reported evidence that a lot of authorities are reducing the conviction speed.
IP Logged

dh_dove

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 6:48pm »

[quote author=Highlander link=board=news;num=1160896650;start=0#14 date=10/16/06 at 18:03:35]32 in a 30 is speeding which is breaking the law, although they usually dont prosecute till you do 10% + 2 mph due to possible calibration error.

Sorry Highlander, those days have gone.
NB THATS 35MPH!!!!!!!!!
Cameras flash and prosecute you over the speed limit.
BTW How many cameras are there in The Highlands? Smiley
DH Dove
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 7:45pm »

Oh we have a few Wink

Ok well even if they prosecute at one MPH over the limit, its still over the limit... and as our Scorp speedos are probably showing 10% more than we are actually doing we are speeding and we KNOW we are speeding.

Leave the nice camera people alone!! Smiley

They only catch the guilty

PS, the camera near me in a 40 limit doesent go off till you hit 65 Wink
IP Logged

Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 7:59pm »

But wait till they re calibrate it and the next time you pass it at 64 it will flash you!! Grin

This government is trying to keep the prison population down by coming up with all sorts of gimics.... electronic tags, fixed penalty notices for anti social behaviour,, ASBO's (commonly known as A Scumbags Badge of 'Onour) maybe when they start getting tickets for rape, mugging and assault people will realise what a bloody state this country is really in.

Why they can't use the prisoners as forced labour to build new prisons god only knows we don't need Polish workers we got plenty of free labour right under our noses.... better to make the thieving scum work for it rather than my taxes going to pay for them to laze around all day watching telly and playing pool

IMO
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.