Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 6:20am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« T REG ON EBAY »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   T REG ON EBAY
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: T REG ON EBAY  (Read 2455 times)
shaun

shaun

View Profile Email

T REG ON EBAY
« on: Feb 1st, 2007, 8:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Item number: 270083938584
A LOT OF MILES I THINK,,,,,
IP Logged

[IMG]http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc140/shau
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

Re: T REG ON EBAY
« Reply #1 on: Feb 1st, 2007, 8:41pm »

Here I go again Roll Eyes

It's an facelift Ultima but:  

- Prefacelift untinted headlamps  

- No front fogs

- no sport/ice mode on the autobox? Didn't diesels have the sport/economy toys?

I know, I know...hit me Grin

Nice motor though Wink

Regards, Bruce.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 1st, 2007, 9:10pm »

Woo... cosecutive numbers... I knew it rang a bell!!

The damaged one sold on EBay last year for nearly £800.00!! Shows how the values have dropped if one looking like the first one only brings just over a grand!
IP Logged
TiberiuS

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 2nd, 2007, 6:07pm »

Baz, do I smell fraud or is this just an uncanny coincidence?
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Feb 2nd, 2007, 6:46pm »

I'll check the reg numbers later!
IP Logged
mazzy_j

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Feb 2nd, 2007, 7:30pm »

Hang on a sec... i had a bid on that before it went for silly money!!  Roll Eyes

a lot of miles?? its barely run in  Wink

Matt
IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Feb 2nd, 2007, 9:24pm »

errrrr tib, it has got front fogs and tinted facelift headlights
IP Logged

TiberiuS

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 2nd, 2007, 10:07pm »

on Feb 2nd, 2007, 9:24pm, taliban wrote:
errrrr tib, it has got front fogs and tinted facelift headlights

T248, not T249 Roll Eyes Grin
IP Logged

Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Feb 3rd, 2007, 2:37am »

The dealer selling the car had a Scorp about 18 months ago for sale that I was interested in.
I Emailed the guy & asked if I could view it before bidding.....the answer was....
.........'No, we only sell 'sold as seen' on Ebay, no viewing I'm afraid'  Huh Roll Eyes

Personally, I would never buy a car off Ebay unless I could view it first, & I certainly wouldn't take a chance & pay over a grand for something I'd never seen in the flesh  Huh

P.S......It's looks as though it's suffering from the negative rear wheel camber effect.....or maybe it's just standard on facelifts  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
dannynic

2.3 Manual Ultima

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Feb 3rd, 2007, 6:27pm »

I would argree with you jonnycab about ebay. I have bought 4 cars on ebay now and only one of those was described honestly and accurately, I know people have different perceptions of good condition, very good condition etc etc but many just seem to omit major problems. (and that includes trade sellers) People selling on ebay have a legal duty to describe there cars with all faults as much as the winning bidder does on puchasing the car. I know many sellers do descibe faults but equally many do not thats why I bought my last scorpio using autotrader and bought it the old fashioned way so I knew what I was buying. I would never buy a car on ebay again without seeing it first. Roll Eyes
IP Logged

I really want a cosworth!
TiberiuS

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Feb 3rd, 2007, 8:21pm »

I do things the other way around...see the car on eBay then go have a mosey and buy it outside Grin Wink
IP Logged

Baz

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Feb 4th, 2007, 12:40am »

I bought mine on EBay.... the seller was very honest and took my offer without me even seeing it and that was way back in 2004!! Oh those impulsive buys!
IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Feb 4th, 2007, 12:55am »

Not all are  dodgy,  I bought my Crown Vic on E-Bay.    A real bargain, which,   had I gone to an  american car dealer in the UK    ( or imported it myself )   would've cost  me  up  to  £3000   more   for  a  comparable  car.
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Feb 4th, 2007, 2:27am »

As Scorps get older, the chance of buying a complete 'lemon' Wink, is a certainty at some point  Roll Eyes

So anyone who want's to buy a good Scorp should do their homework first & look around, & be prepared for problems  Roll Eyes

...10 year old cars in perfect working order don't exist  Smiley
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #14 on: Feb 4th, 2007, 7:27am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I bought mine on Ebay. Like Bruce. Travelled 300 miles to view, and bought it there and then.

Had a LONG phone conversation with the seller (a Garage), and left them in no doubt that when I turned up, I would be bringing my overalls, a torch, and I'd want to see it on the ramp, and test drive it, and if that wasn't OK, and it turned out to be a whole heap of parrots, then I'd be going home without it. Saves everybody's time.

I made the guy an offer for it, and he agreed. And that was before I saw it for real. (£1,000 cash). I was happy to honour my offer when I saw and inspected the car.

I think that if you deal fairly with the seller, then it's beneficial all round.

Apart from having to replace all brake discs/pads, and recent idle problems (now sorted), I've been delighted with my Scorp, and I'd certainly use Ebay again. I also SOLD my last car on Ebay (a Volvo 940 GLE Turbo) for a very good price.

Just be careful when buying, and accept that NO second-hand car is going to be fault free.  

I too wouldn't have anything to do with a garage that wouldn't allow you to view the car. What a clown!! Grin
IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Feb 4th, 2007, 3:44pm »

quite agree spanner, bought my td on ebay, 150 mile trip to midlands, disscussed all faults with the seller beforehand and did a full hpi check on it....
IP Logged

dannynic

2.3 Manual Ultima

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Feb 4th, 2007, 4:53pm »

UndecidedWhen I have described cars on ebay I have described them with all faults and I have still got a very good price for them. (With my omega a good £500 more than what it was worth and the bloke was still well chuffed!)). I know most people do the same, perhaps I've just been unlucky. I do realise no ten year old car will not be without problems, just nice if the seller is open with the buyer on faulty electrics major rust etc etc. But you are very correct in saying that the car should be researched before the money is paid. That way everyone is happy. Wink
IP Logged

I really want a cosworth!
TiberiuS

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Feb 4th, 2007, 5:18pm »

The chap who bought my Scorpio came from Leeds...a long journey on the train. He emailed me and asked me to phone him back, we had a chat about the car and while everyone else was wasting my time wanting more details, he just went ahead and bought it. I picked him up from the station and drove him home in it, he seemed very happy with it.

Similar thing with the XJ, saw it on eBay, went to see it one evening on a whim. He was about the most honest seller you'll ever meet, gave me the keys and went inside and left me to look over it in peace...also had a real genuine reason for selling it, it was one of a pair bought by his father for use as a limo, the idea didn't work out apparently...he had all the paperwork to prove it. We did a deal outside eBay and it was mine a few days later. I'm chuffed with it - I've done a few things on it already but for a 11 year old car it's immaculate and drives superb Kiss

eBay is like everything else in life - you get good and you get bad. I haven't had a bad experience yet, but I don't use it as much as some. Like when I buy hifi gear, I go for the stuff sold as not working but with no pictures...as long as I get the item in one peice, I don't really care whether it works or not...  

Had a chap once in Aberdeen sold me a top end Pioneer amp, got it for £80 not working (cheap for these things Wink). Waited a week and nothing arrived, emailed him and got no response. Waited a while and got on to ebay, after 3 weeks he emailed me and reckoned sorry but he had to build a wooden crate to ship it in and was having trouble finding the wood. B*ll*cks I thought but bless his cotton socks, after 5 weeks this near mint Pioneer amp turned up in you've guessed it - a custom made wooden crate...

How chuffed I was to leave him a nice feedback Grin

Regards, Bruce Wink
IP Logged

Baz

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Feb 4th, 2007, 11:27pm »

Did the Amp work though? Grin
IP Logged
TiberiuS

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 7:48pm »

on Feb 4th, 2007, 11:27pm, Baz wrote:
Did the Amp work though? Grin

After some persuading Wink

It's just a hobby, a bargain is a bargain...sometimes they don't work Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.