Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 7th, 2024, 5:19pm

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« JUST MY LUCK.... »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   JUST MY LUCK....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: JUST MY LUCK....  (Read 5472 times)
pete from Hull

Non Scorpio at the moment, but still interested...

View Profile Email

JUST MY LUCK....
« on: Jul 14th, 2007, 9:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

From a very disgruntled Scorpio owner.... Angry
    Guess what, if my luck was ever down as this year   My car was quietly parked outside my house today minding it's own business when some crettin of an excuse for a woman, delivering Littlewoods Catalogues in her "People Carrier" smashed into the front o/s wing, took off the corner of the bumper along with my headlight, foglight and indicator, she then cleared off and didn't even stop.    
I have just got this car sorted nicely as well.... Fortunately   a neighbour was looking on and saw her leave the close, SHE HAD JUST DELIVERED HIS CATALOGUE! He didn't manage to get the reg but he said she had 2 children in the back.  A fine example to set for them....  
I rang the police and they are going to have word with Littlewoods to trace her so hopefully she will get a big surprise on Monday (Hopefully).  
I have in the meantime photographed the damage and fitted my spare bumper, the headlight is cracked so I have left that on and I have Masticed the indicator and foglight back in for the time being cos I need the car tomorrow for work.  

If I can work out how to upload pics from my computer I will soon.  Meanwhile..... GGGGRRRR!!!!  

Pete  

Edit:
By the way, it's our 34th wedding anniversary today..... Tongue
IP Logged

Bring back fair wages.........
pete from Hull

View Profile Email

Re: JUST MY LUCK....
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14th, 2007, 10:09pm »

This was in the floods the other week. A bucketfull of water inside....

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa96/petefromhull/?action=view&cu rrent=IMG_0462.jpg

Now this is what I am blessed with this week: Hit and run

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa96/petefromhull/?action=view&cu rrent=IMG_0473.jpg

Sickasaparrot Angry

Pete
http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa96/petefromhull/?action=view&cu rrent=IMG_0477.jpg
IP Logged

Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jul 15th, 2007, 7:01am »

That is a real pain Pete she made a right mess of the bumper..good luck with tracing her and maybe you can get the police to charge her with failing to stop after an accident, failure to report an accident and leaving the scene of an accident... all serious offences allegedly although I doubt they will be bothered!

.... I have a couple of lads working for me at the moment on the Doncaster Racecourse Refurb (we are fitting the plasma TV's everywhere!!) they were flooded out when all the rains came and one lad is still not back home yet!

Doncaster is even worse although so far the racecourse bit hasn't been hit that badly
IP Logged
Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 15th, 2007, 8:56am »

Wow what a mess, sorry to see that Pete  Sad

Can't believe people can do that and then just drive off  Huh
IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
Matt

Manual'd and a 4.0 in the making

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 15th, 2007, 9:55am »

i have to say that in a way you've been lucky! the floods and the crash could of rit off the car!

saying that though, the woman who did that ought to be strung up for driving off, its not like you dont notice causing that much damage

ive got a wing if interested, in silver....
IP Logged

FDS2000 Scans - Birmingham
dan_the_man

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jul 15th, 2007, 5:32pm »

sorry to learn of your bad news, your from my experience a fine gentleman who deserves a little lift from the situation ! If you manage to trace the lady in question you should either replace the dammaged bumper, or use your pik's.Then take your Scorp to 3 or 4 expensive garages for repair quotes, use the most expensive two. contact her ins company with the quotes , make a cash settlement with them and sort the repairs with second hand bits. keeping the change ! the best of luck either way my friend.
IP Logged
pete from Hull

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 15th, 2007, 5:48pm »

Cheesy

Thanks for the kind words Dan, I will certainly not be letting her off and I don't think the police will either, the only concern I have at the moment is with my luck she will probbably be one of these with no insurance etc, will have to wait for the police to get back to me.  Meanwhile I have patched it up so I can drive it... will keep you posted....

Thanks again

Pete
IP Logged

podge

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jul 15th, 2007, 8:22pm »

Hi Pete,
What a mess I hope you soon get it fixed and get that woman driver -  
 Why is that some woman drivers are in another world,  The same nearly happened to me yesterday coming out of Warrington as I was approaching the lights outside the Cemetary this woman decided to turn right, I had to brake realy hard, even the wife swore, If it had been wet there would have been a collision.
And all she did was wave and cleared off, the cheeky begger.  
podge.
IP Logged

1997 - 2.3i scorpio ultima saloon. (Old codger with a new toy)
dan_the_man

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jul 15th, 2007, 11:10pm »

I always wave and mouth an appology if I drop a bad on the road, even if I make someone cross. I always forgive mistakes and it is a pleasure to do so if they acknowledge  falt. it does seem sometimes that people have a death wish ! as for why women are less confedent and more hesitant . Testerone is responsible for spacial awareness . also women think about many things at once, they multi task while driving. gentlemen have a compartmentalised brain. we concentrate our thoughts on one subject eg driving then allow our brain to wonder later . ever wondered why the telly or radio gets turned down or off when the phone rings for Guy's ? women tend to be more able to talk and listen at the same time. they are also better at communication ! anyway I'm most likely to be critisised for my opinion. and this is only true in most cases. some men have female tendancys and vice versa !
IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Jul 16th, 2007, 12:26am »

What's the chances this  female's car  was uninsured  and  un-MOT'd  ?
 Angry

IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Jul 16th, 2007, 12:50am »

Flooded out & then had your car bashed  Shocked.......Pete, I hope your luck improves soon mate  Wink

As the AC/DC song goes.... "Hull....ain't a bad place to be"  Grin
IP Logged
pete from Hull

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 7:50am »

Latest on this one....

the police have traced the woman involved, she says she hasn't got a people carrier and she wasn't out delivering on Saturday, we told them she had delivered my neighbours catalogue and He had been talking to her.  Littlewoods now say they will pay for the repairs seeing as it was caused by "Someone" delivering on their behalf..... They will contact me directly.... still waiting.

Whatch this space.... Cry

pete
IP Logged

TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 12:29pm »

What's the point denying it though...it's only a bump after allHuh

I don't get why she's running so hard, unless she doesn't have insurance or somethingHuh

We all make mistakes, just stand up and admit it, or is that too simple for some people?

Good luck with it mate.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #13 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 1:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Sounds like this stupid woman is digging a nice big hole for herself!!  Shocked

I'm sure that the police WILL get to the bottom of it.....And then....... Huh

Hope you get it sorted anyway.
IP Logged
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 1:27pm »

I'll bet she doesn't have any liability insurance....which is what you should have when delivering goods.

Insurance companies don't like you using your car for anything other than social, domestic or pleasure  Smiley
IP Logged
john.n

I love my cossie

View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 3:20pm »

I suggest you chase Littlewoods, if she was working for them it is there responsibility to confirm she has the correct insurance. Dont be fobbed off and dont be the nice guy-get angry and get your money. john.n
IP Logged
merseyscorp

98 manual 2.3Ghia saloon

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 11:33pm »

Yeah, I'll go with that. Chances are she will be self-employed delivering on a commission basis. I'd have the DSS involved the lot. I cannot believe I have to share oxygen with these sorts.
IP Logged

Shall not be defeated!
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Jul 19th, 2007, 3:38am »

Agreed  Wink.....I'll bet no liabilty/commercial insurance......just doing it on the side & not informing her insurance company that she's using her car for business purposes  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Jul 19th, 2007, 3:51am »

I never got this business use thing...

A road is a road, a car is a car...so what difference does it make if you're at work or not?

A mistake is a mistake, no matter whether you're at work or driving to Tesco Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Jul 19th, 2007, 4:03am »

You can't use a privately insured vehicle for business purposes because there is more liability & risk.

The risk being that you're more likely to have an accident doing above average miles & the liability for the goods you are transporting...should they be damaged in any way if you do have an accident  Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.