Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 7th, 2024, 3:26pm

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« JUST MY LUCK.... »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   JUST MY LUCK....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: JUST MY LUCK....  (Read 5469 times)
Spannerdemon

Email

Re: JUST MY LUCK....
« Reply #20 on: Jul 19th, 2007, 7:00am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Agree

Quote:
I don't get why she's running so hard, unless she doesn't have insurance or something

THAT'S almost certainly why she's running ........her insurance will be invalid because she's not insured for business use.

GET TOUGH. I know I would. The witch has smashed your car. Get on her case!!  Shocked
IP Logged
pete from Hull

Non Scorpio at the moment, but still interested...

View Profile Email

« Reply #21 on: Jul 27th, 2007, 8:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here's the update on this.... Angry

I have finally been told (nearly 2 weeks on) that the case is being dealt with on my behalf by the ULA (Uninsured Loss Adjusters) they told ME to get 2 quotes for the repairs. Huh

This was after my haveing to ring the company in Liverpool (about four times) responsible for employing the woman who told the police she didn't have a people carrier and she wasn't delivering on the 14th.  Angry  

Apparently they employ these people on a self employed basis and they are responsible for correctly insuring their own vehicles, they gave me the name and address of the woman which I passed to the ULA.  They now admit they have a people carrier and she WAS delivering that day although she denies causing any damage.  Angry
I am now going to continue getting the quotes (in my time and at my inconvenience) and will wait for the outcome of their persute in the matter.  Huh
when and if it is all sorted I am then going to aproach the police to enquire if any prosecution will take place, if not there will be a letter of complaint to the Chief Constable in Hull. Undecided

The whole situation is making me ill along with the hassle of the floods etc

I am going to get quotes for the work needed to include an upgrade to the facelift bumper etc, and I will get quotes for any extra work to bring the car up to standard ie back bumper paint, dent in rear quarterpanel and n/s rear door (which was done during the engine replacement fiasco last year) and any other little bits and niggles.  

I have instructed the ULA that  @ I don't want it to affect my NCB and I Definately DON'T want the car written off ('cos that would have been their next move)
I will probably pay for the extras myself (if I have to)if it's not too much.

I don't know...  this year has been the worst I've known for yonks... Hope things pick up soon... Lips Sealed

Pete
IP Logged

Bring back fair wages.........
Grumpyg1t

1994 Scorpio 24v Cosworth

View Profile WWW

« Reply #22 on: Jul 27th, 2007, 8:46pm »

That's really bad pete, although i know of someone else who made a claim through ULA and got quite a bit aparently they give you the money in a lump sum and the person who has to pay does so in chunks.
IP Logged

[
bertie

Email

« Reply #23 on: Jul 27th, 2007, 10:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Pete

like others have said, you need to be a 'hard guy' about this.

You need to pressure the Police into following up the investigation into her firstly denying having a people carrier and delivering on that day. She has committed several offences which you need to push, namely leaving the scene of an accident, possibly driving with no insurance if indeed she does not have business insurance, she has also lied to the Police (if I have read this right) that she was not in the area or has a people carrier.

If the Police are dragging their feet, write a polite letter to the Chief Constable informing him of the shortcoming of the investigation. Guaranteed action within 48 hrs cos he will kick butt.

Then to be naughty, ring Jobcentreplus, hotline, Call the National Benefit Fraud Hotline on 0800 854 440. Lines are open between 7.00 am and 11.00 pm, 7 days a week. It is free and confidential, and shop her. They will look into her details to see if she is claiming anything and do the necessary if she is, I know cos this is what I do up north, very satisfying job !! Grin Grin

Also, write down everyone's name that you speak to regards this matter, time and date and note any expense incurred. CLAIM THE LOT BACK. and I mean EVERYTHING.

Teach this scumbag a lesson

Simon
IP Logged
pete from Hull

View Profile Email

« Reply #24 on: Jul 28th, 2007, 10:57pm »

Thanks for the advice Simon, I am trying to give her chance to come clean, the chap who witnessed it hasn't even been seen yet, come next week I will start to ask more questions in the police department They were supposed to be giving me an update.

I have been to a couple of top body shops for quotes so as soon as I get those I can start shouting louder.
We'll see what happens then....

Watch this space Undecided

Pete
IP Logged

Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: Jul 29th, 2007, 12:15am »

Pete....I wouldn't rely to heavily on the police doing anything soon, as they are probably treating it as a minor offence & will probably end up telling you that it is a civil matter  Roll Eyes

When I was assaulted just before Xmas...the police had all the leads to catch the guy, but it was three months before they arrested him  Huh

It may be worth going through the small claims court & getting a county court judgement issued against her if she doesn't pay up Wink..

....https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

Hope it gets better for you soon mate  Wink
IP Logged
pete from Hull

View Profile Email

« Reply #26 on: Jul 30th, 2007, 8:15am »

I was waiting for the weekend to pass and then I was going to ask police if they had anything to report after I had tried to talk to them on Friday and  hadn't been successful.
I got a phonecall on Sunday morning, they said that they had thought it was being sorted by the littlewoods peopleHuh?
They said if I could come into the police station I could make a statement, (2 weeks and 1 day later).
So I did.  They are NOW going to see the culprit and my witness and have promised it will be FULLY investigated.
I am still watching...

Pete
IP Logged

Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: Jul 30th, 2007, 9:50am »

Wow...the police up in Hull must be better than Essex police  Undecided

A friend was recently hit (wing & front bumper). As neither party had their insurance details to hand, they exchanged registration details, phone numbers & addressess.

My friend tried to ring the guy loads of times, but there was never any answer & the address given was not the guys address.

He went to the police & explained the situation & mentioned that the guy may not have been insured. The police told him that they couldn't do anything & that he should contact his insurance company  Huh
IP Logged
pete from Hull

View Profile Email

« Reply #28 on: Sep 7th, 2007, 3:37pm »

Short Update on this....

Cheesy Cheesy Huh Undecided

FINALLY, it looks like I may be getting my car repaired.
Yesterday, I was contacted by her freind who informed me that she was very upset about it all and she needs to come clean and get the problem sorted.  It is a long story so as I'm at work at the moment I'll come back to it soon.  She has agreed to go into my auto body shop and pay yhe 8 hundred and odd pounds next Wednesday and then I can have it booked in for repair the following Monday for the week.  Guess what, Her husband doesn't even know about it..... Undecided  

anyway, whatch this space....

Pete
IP Logged

dan_the_man

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: Sep 7th, 2007, 9:34pm »

glad you got somewhere at last . well done  Grin
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #30 on: Sep 9th, 2007, 9:21am »

Whats the news Pete?? good i hope
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

pete from Hull

View Profile Email

« Reply #31 on: Sep 9th, 2007, 10:43am »

I have been contacted on Thursday by a woman who was representing the culprit, she told me that the lass had made herself ill over the situation and she said she wanted to square everything up but was very afraid Undecided
She told me that it wasn't an issue wether she was insured or not but she hadn't told her husband about her stupidity, her husband has got a lot on his plateHuh
She then told me that she, (the culprit) wants to settle it with me without anyone else being involved, she asked me if I would be willing to take the car to her cousins garage for him to give an assesment with a view to putting it right.  I told her that I had already submitted the 2 required estimates and was waiting for a response from the Uninsured Recovery people, that caused her to more or less plead with me to allow the cousin to "have a look at it" I finally agreed as all I want is for my car to be put back in order. Huh

Part 2 the next day...

I took the car to the garage, the first thing the guy did was went to the back door and pointed out that there was a dent, then he pointed out the different coloured back bumper and the dent on the o/s r quarter panel, Huh I said, that has nothing to do with the damage in question and he came back with a concoction of an idea that the insurance co would write the car off as it is "In such a state"  Angryhe was trying to say that if I settled for second hand parts for the front he could do all the rest of the jobs all in, I told him I wasn't interested in any little schemes he may have, all I want is for my car to be repaired to the correct spec, the whole thing got a little heated then  Undecidedand i basically came away.

Part 3...  another phonecall

Not long after getting home i had another phonecall  Roll Eyesfrom the representative woman (his cousin) he had been on the blower and had implied that I was trying to gain NEW PARTS that were not really neaded, Angry he had said that the dent in the front wing couldn't have been done by her etc etc.  Angry Angry I told the woman that I had had enough and that I would continue with the claim, through a solicitor etc and then I put the phone down. Cool

Part 4 Phew

10 minutes or so later the phone rang again, guess what, it was the culprit ringing me to appologise, she was all in tears  Cryand said she had tried to contact me last week, I was away on holiday....  CoolIn a very tearfull way she explained that she was fully legal and that her child was feeling sick on the day so she just wanted to get her home,  Lips Sealedshe had heard the noise from the impact but thought it was something else, Angry I said that "when i went out and saw the damage you had done to my car, I was almost phisically sick myself"  Huhshe apollogised again.
She told me that she has a rare illness and that she doesn't drive anymore, she has handed back the car and doesn't work for Littlewoods anymore.  My, was I surprised?  Shocked... I should coco.... she must think I'm loco.

Anyway I will finnish this later as I have to go and plaster a wall, yes I'm at work, football lettings... Undecided
IP Logged

pete from Hull

View Profile Email

« Reply #32 on: Sep 12th, 2007, 7:51am »

Continuation:

She told me that the chap from the garage ie her representatives cousin had told here that…. I was just trying to get all brand new parts out of the claim, he was making out that I was not being cooperative (he failed to realize that She was the one in the wrong, she was the one that had commited the CRIMINAL damage and failed to report the accident along with leaving the scene etc etc)
After quite a long conversation, trying to get the point across to her that all I wanted was for my car to be put right, she asked me for details of the quotes.  I told her the prices and explained what it was all for and she then, once again very apologetically said she would ring me back.  I was totally fed up by then but decided to persevere and give her the chance to sort it.

She rang back after a few minutes and started again.  Can I take the car into the repairers and she pay them direct for the repairs?  I said I didn’t see why not but once again I pointed out that I shouldn’t have to do this as the matter was already being dealt with by the Uninsured Recovery Service.  She asked if she paid for the repairs, would I tell them that it was being dealt with satisfactorily, I said to her, “When I receive the call from the repair shop that you have paid the complete amount on the quote  I would, also pointing out that I hadn’t included a courtesy car in the work schedule, she agreed that if there was any further cost involved she would sort it.

I later received a call from the bodyshop saying she had made arrangements to go in and make a full payment on 12th September, once they were paid they will ring me to confirm the booking in of my car which I had already talked to them about, that would be w/c 17th sept for about the week.
Sorted, I thought….

The saga continues….

I had a further call from the culprit on Tuesday night, did I want the cash to do the work myself? …… she had already rung my wife in the afternoon…. I thought. Funny! What’s going on now…. I said “no” the arrangement has already been made, and I didn’t want her to be trying to say there you are, you only wanted the cash or something like that so I said, I will wait for the phonecall to say it is paid for on Wednesday, if I don’t receive the call I will put the matter back in the hands of the URS and the Police.  Bearing in mind that she has already strengthened my case for compensation etc etc by involving the bodyshop as a fourth party in the matter.

I remain patient and wait with bated breath….  
IP Logged

Alastair

2.3 Ghia X & MGB Roadster

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: Sep 12th, 2007, 8:44am »

So do we all Pete and I admire your patience. fingers crossed for the rest of the day

Alastair
IP Logged
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #34 on: Sep 12th, 2007, 10:38am »

If she reckons she was fully legal then I don't understand why she doesn't just contact her insurance company, because she sounds as though she can't afford to pay for the repairs & is just fobbing you off all the time.

And as for not wanting to tell her husband  Huh....she sounds a bit deceitful to me. If my wife had an accident, then I'd expect her to tell me & not try & sort it out behind my back  Huh

It's obvious that everything she has told you is a lie & reckon she has no intention whatsoever of paying for the damage  Angry   ....I hope I'm wrong though  Smiley

Best of luck Pete.....looking forward to the next instalment of this saga  Wink
IP Logged
pete from Hull

View Profile Email

« Reply #35 on: Sep 12th, 2007, 1:29pm »

Got home from work,  Crymessage on answerphone.... Smiley
Autorefinnishers.... She has been in and paid in full, Cheesy could I ring to confirm booking Cheesy Rang them, Car is booked in for next Tuesday  Grin18th, courtesy car and all..... Wink

Is this success I ask myself?.....  HuhHere's hoping, piccys to follow..... Cool

Pete
IP Logged

Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #36 on: Sep 12th, 2007, 1:45pm »

Good  to hear Pete

Hope it goes well

Dave
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #37 on: Sep 12th, 2007, 4:53pm »

Shocked....I stand corrected  Roll Eyes

Good result Pete  Wink
IP Logged
Ultima2300

RIP Blue 2.3 Ultima / White 2.0 8v Executive

View Profile

« Reply #38 on: Sep 12th, 2007, 5:32pm »

Nice one - Looking forward to the photo's

Best wishes

Geoff
IP Logged
pete from Hull

View Profile Email

« Reply #39 on: Sep 18th, 2007, 1:39pm »

Took it to the bodyshop, all excited and thinking, it won't be long now....... Sad Angry They had the wrong parts

When will it go right for me....? Embarassed
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.