Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 12:18pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« I lost my Scorp on ice yesterday..... »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   I lost my Scorp on ice yesterday.....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I lost my Scorp on ice yesterday.....  (Read 1296 times)
sab6024

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

I lost my Scorp on ice yesterday.....
« on: Jan 11th, 2009, 11:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

.....and she's a write off.  I know I don't come on here much, but I loved my Scorpio and wanted to share my bad news with you all  Sad  I was at work yesterday and lost the back end on ice.  I mounted the grass verge then promptly ripped right through a farmers field Cry  I was gutted.  Had to see the farmer who wasn't best pleased with me seeing as he'd only just finished fixing the fence after another car went through it weeks before.  The local garage picked it up, then drained the full tank of fuel out into my Capri for me.  But the insurance chappy assured me that it would be a write off......yeh coz that wasn't too obvious but thanks for rubbing it in Roll Eyes

I'm thinking of getting another Scorp but I don't want an Auto though.  Another 2.0 manual would be lovely for work.  We'll just have to see what the insurance company say.

IP Logged
matt1987

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: I lost my Scorp on ice yesterday.....
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13th, 2009, 9:09pm »

ouch that looks bad hope you are ok
IP Logged
Scorpio_Mike

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 V6 & 2.8 Sierra XR4i 4x4

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 13th, 2009, 9:23pm »

Sorry to hear your bad news mate, get another Scorpio and keep the old one for spares if you have room.
IP Logged

Star sign is Scorpio !
Sierra XR4i's are great...especially when fitted with 4WD Smiley
sab6024

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 13th, 2009, 10:24pm »

I'm fine thanks....just upset to see Scorpy go Sad They came and collected her today, wish I did have the room coz there was loads of bits on her that were good and we'd only just changed the bottom arms too Roll Eyes  I'm already looking for my next one Wink
IP Logged
sab6024

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 18th, 2009, 3:43pm »

The insurance bloke phoned me the other day and they have offered me £380 but gotta take my £220 excess off so I'm still £160 up on what I paid for her seeing as a guy gave her my brother who didn't want it Smiley  I am looking for another though but my Mum sold me her Fezzy to use for work Roll Eyes
IP Logged
mijfife

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 18th, 2009, 5:14pm »

Hi sab6024, sorry to hear about your mishap, the main thing is that you're okay though.  
It's usually worth rejecting the first offer from the insurance company £380 doesn't seem an awful lot to me, especially when you take your excess off. If you haven't yet accepted, I'd be tempted to say no thanks and see if they make a better offer. What does anyone else think?
Cheers Jim
IP Logged

'96 2.5TD Ultima estate running on veg oil!
rich1

london cabbies have the knowledge!!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jan 18th, 2009, 6:16pm »

on Jan 18th, 2009, 5:14pm, mijfife wrote:
Hi sab6024, sorry to hear about your mishap, the main thing is that you're okay though.  
It's usually worth rejecting the first offer from the insurance company £380 doesn't seem an awful lot to me, especially when you take your excess off. If you haven't yet accepted, I'd be tempted to say no thanks and see if they make a better offer. What does anyone else think?
Cheers Jim

Agree when i was knocked off my bike while doing the knowledge i was offered 150 quid , told em where to get off , ended up getting over 300 in the end (was`nt a very good bike anyway) so if i were you id give it a go  

btw whats a fezzy??
IP Logged
sab6024

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jan 18th, 2009, 8:29pm »

I accepted it already.  I did lie to him a bit and tell him I paid a lot more for it but he weren't buying it  Roll Eyes  Like I said even with the excesses taken off I'm still £160 up on what I paid for it.  I really wish I'd asked about buying her back though.

I call the Fiesta's all Fezzy's Wink  I got a MK1 Fezzy and a MK3 Capper (Capri) and this nasty MK? (whatever it is) Fezzy....I started to become uninterested after MK2  Grin
IP Logged
Oliver

1998 24v Cosworth Estate

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jan 25th, 2009, 7:11pm »

I would not have bothered with claiming on the insurance for the sake of £160 due to the effect on your NCB and future liability rating.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.