Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 5:25pm

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Time to leave the fold »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Time to leave the fold
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Time to leave the fold  (Read 738 times)
mijfife

View Profile Email

Time to leave the fold
« on: Oct 27th, 2009, 4:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well guys, I'm afraid my time as a Scorpio owner has come to an end  Cry Just as bought a replacement for my old TD, it decided to lunch it's auxiliary drive belt tensioner so it is now in the for sale section as spares or repair.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to offer a heartfelt thanks to everyone on this fantastic site, without the knowledge and friendliness of all concerned, I wouldn't have been able to keep the old girl on the road.  
 I'm certain that this community has saved many a Scorpio from a premature death and all I can say is keep up the good work!
Whilst my spell of Scorpio ownership has certainly had it's ups and downs, I can say that I have enjoyed owning this car, it's comfort and ability to eat the miles on long journeys whilst leaving me refreshed at the end would put many modern rivals to shame. I racked up over 30000 miles in 18 months, so I must have enjoyed the experience  Cheesy

Cheers Jim
IP Logged

'96 2.5TD Ultima estate running on veg oil!
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

Re: Time to leave the fold
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27th, 2009, 6:19pm »

Sorry to hear that Jim, tensioner doesnt sound too bad, was it just  the final straw?  Grin
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

mijfife

View Profile Email

Re: Time to leave the fold
« Reply #2 on: Oct 27th, 2009, 9:23pm »

Hi Stuart, I'd planned to replace the car anyway and had just bought something else to run on veggie. I knew I was heading for a breakdown as it hadn't thrown it's monthly strop  Roll Eyes I figured that by the time I bought a tensioner, a new drive belt, two tyres and a years mot, it wasn't financially worth the effort just to sell it.  
The car doesn't really owe me anything as I've saved a fortune in fuel costs so I'd rather let it go to someone who might have the bits to fix it cheaper than I can.

Cheers Jim
IP Logged

'96 2.5TD Ultima estate running on veg oil!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.