Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 6:52am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Our first Scorpio. S414TWC »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Our first Scorpio. S414TWC
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Our first Scorpio. S414TWC  (Read 4007 times)
Geezer

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Our first Scorpio. S414TWC
« on: Jan 29th, 2013, 6:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Me and my son have been on the look out for a Scorpio since October, and I've been a keen guest of this site since then, picking up lots of useful info. Yesterday I collected our first Scorpio. It was a classified ad on Ebay by a trader in Wigan. A 1998 2.3 Ultima saloon in silver,  106k mls, 11 months MOT. It's in a nice tidy condition and most things seem to work (at the moment!!) I had a pleasent 120 mile drive back to Northallerton, Nth.Yorks and the car behaved beautifully. The previous owner was an elderly gent and the MOT's show that it did just 4k miles in the last 4 years. I'm not sure if he was a forum member, but he was from the Atherton area if anyone on here remembers the car. I haven't seen a Scorpio round my way for ages, but if there is anyone up this way, keep an eye out for us. I'm now on the look out for a couple of missing bits and before I trawl the internet was wondering if anyone here has them for sale. A battery cover,yes I know how important it is, and a car jack. Also I only have one key, black with red square and no tab with a serial number, anybody know how I can get another, can I just get one cut? When my son gets back from holiday I'll see if he can put up a photo, although it is a standard looking one. Thanks. Malcolm Godfrey.
IP Logged
Tenfut

White Cosworth Saloon

View Profile

Re: Our first Scorpio. S414TWC
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29th, 2013, 7:11pm »

There is a battery cover on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Scorpio-95-98-Battery-cover-/251220512345 ?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a7de8ce59

Tony
IP Logged

Everything in moderation!!
Tenfut

White Cosworth Saloon

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 29th, 2013, 7:14pm »

Make that two.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Scorpio-Battery-Cover-/200884857048?pt=UK _CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ec5aba8d8
IP Logged

Everything in moderation!!
Geezer

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 29th, 2013, 8:51pm »

I think I've found the answer to my question re: the key, here on the site under the PATS, Passive Anti Theft System article. As I don't have the master key or key serial number and only the one slave key I'll just have to make sure I'm VERY careful with it and not misplace it like I do with most of my keys. The times I've had to use spare sets because I've put the proper ones down somewhere... If anyone knows of a way round this then please help as I just know that one day!
IP Logged
leewar

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 30th, 2013, 12:12am »

I have a battery cover if you want it. I may have a jack as well. Cheers Lee
IP Logged
bernard_slade

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jan 30th, 2013, 1:02am »

i am pretty sure you can get another key cut from your key and they will give you the key code which is simply the tumbler sequence that the lock is assemled in and it will lock and unlock the doors but wont work the ignition as the car needs to recognise the key chip which wont be on the copy
IP Logged

another OAP past sell by date
Geezer

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jan 30th, 2013, 9:09am »

Lee, Thanks for the offer, I've sent you a message. Malc.
IP Logged
Andycan

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jan 30th, 2013, 9:55am »

Hi I am not sure if this can be done with the scorpio keys but when I had a mondeo I had spare keys cut and the  locksmith had a machine that copied the programme off the chip and copied it on to the new keys. I used them to drive the car as well. Maybe it is a different system?
IP Logged
ro284

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 30th, 2013, 10:53am »

Hi Andy, These keys can be copied, using a chipped blank, i found a shop in bournemouth, who said he can do this, he has a machine, a bit like a card reader, that can read the ford key i took in, i think he said £12, but i would need to check that, if anyone wants one or more i could take them in if it helps,
Bob
IP Logged

Bob Dorset
Geezer

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jan 30th, 2013, 1:21pm »

Thanks for the info on the chipped blank keys, that sounds promising and makes perfect sense. I'll make enquiries at some locksmiths locally, then I can test the key once it's been done, hopefully. Thanks for the offer of the Bournemouth shop, I'll bear it in mind as a last resort. Now that I know it's possible I'm sure I'll find someone who can do it nearby. I'll keep you posted . Thanks again. Malc
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.