Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 6:21pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Keeping the Site going. »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Keeping the Site going.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Keeping the Site going.  (Read 9114 times)
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

Keeping the Site going.
« on: Mar 2nd, 2013, 7:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

It is probably not my place to remind anyone on here about donations.

I hate to see the site in the RED, it's like a fear for me..........I wonder how I would cope looking after my Scorp without this site, and I'm quite mechanically adept.   I try to donate as and when I feel it appropriate.   But this last wee while I've seen the dreaded  RED sign at the front and have decided it's again appropriate to donate.

I'm not going to 'blow-on' about how much I've donated, but it's much more than the recommended subscription, and not included is the money that I've asked others that have received spare-parts from me, they'll know who they are.

So can we please try and keep this fantastic site in the 'Black'.   I know times are hard, and of course these 'older' cars are not just a luxury like in my case, for some they are the only means of old-MOT'd transport, but lets really value the site and try to donate even a Fiver now and again.   I'm sure one of the most important reasons we use this site is for information, information is power, power costs money!   That last sentence was really awful, I apologise!

I'm sorry if I'm treading on any 'Committee' toes, and I definitely don't want to upset anyone, but I,  like everyone on here need this site to keep running because knowledge about these cars allows us to run them.

I have nothing to do with the running or committee of this site.

Regards to all

Peter Davis

IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

Re: Keeping the Site going.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 2nd, 2013, 8:51pm »

Quite right PJ,when you consider how many people are registered on this site it is obvious that most of them donate nothing in the way of funds.Since retiring I have been a tad stingy myself,and am not exactly inspired by the majority  Roll Eyes As I have said in the past, if everyone donated even a pound per week,we would be well in,but this will not happen without a subscription system as levied by most vehicle registers and clubs,it's all very disappointing !!
             GOZZ.
IP Logged
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 2nd, 2013, 10:32pm »

I'm of the opinion that a subscription should be of choice.  But those that don't subscribe should at least pay a little to the site.   Sometimes when subscription is mandatory it can have a negative effect because in the beginning people feel they should always get something for free and so don't join, leaving a site like ours with few members.   Someone new to the site might have a lot to offer, and I think it's right to allow them in for free to see how much they can gain before hopefully they make contributions commensurate with the information that has helped them.   People will often make contributions that amount to more by not being subscribers, although they may not use the site as much as a member who is a subscriber, funny old world!  

I just want the site to keep going, and if that means I make donations, so-be-it.
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:20pm »

Thanks for the reminder. I wonder how many of total registered still visit though? Have similar issue with another forum I'm involved with, albeit looks like over 3,000 members, mostly less than a dozen of the same people regularly show up online, the rest disappeared. As it's just started a voluntary donations idea, the same few are going to keep paying for it.

IP Logged

Mike H
amigafan2003

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:54pm »

If the site ever gets in trouble I can host it the info, bar the forums, indefinitely.
IP Logged
ADroste

S-Type 2.7D SE 2008 replaced Scorpio 2.3 Ult.1998

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 21st, 2013, 6:54pm »

I cleared browser cache several times. But there ist still a mismatch in balance: This forum 110 pounds, Scorpio site 85 pounds.  Grin

Regards
Armin
IP Logged
bernard_slade

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Apr 7th, 2013, 12:01am »

hi  i am just a little concerned that on 28th march the balance on hand was £34-18p and despite me having a receipt from pay pal for a £20 donation on 28th mar the site still shows £34-18 now this may well be tardy updating on the site but is the money getting through ok?perhaps whoever monitors the accounts could check this one to make sure all is well
IP Logged

another OAP past sell by date
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 7th, 2013, 12:17am »

Things take time to up-date.   I would like to think that this site is 'golden' in that there is enough interest.   If not, the site will die, we'll be left with nothing................Just put a few quid in eh!!!!!
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Apr 7th, 2013, 8:53pm »

Here is the reply I got from Steve Quote:
Yes, the way it was getting the info changed and was broken – there was an additional $20 and a $5 subscription that went through also so I have fixed the code and it seems to be working again J

Thanks to everyone for their continued support!

Steve
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Pegasus

24V Cosworth  Ultima Born: Sept 97, sold Aug 23

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Apr 7th, 2013, 9:30pm »

I've just had a notice from PayPal that my regular monthly sub just failed because my card details have changed (which is nonsense and it's still in date) and that I should enter a new card no (I don't have another one!). They say they'll try again in a few days to take subs again Huh

Update - seems when I topped up my mobile PAYG they thought I was a fraudster and put a block on the card Roll Eyes - all OK now Smiley

Paul
IP Logged

Go Go Go ...
ro284

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: Apr 8th, 2013, 7:35pm »

Paul, Just to say, are you sure that your message is from Paypal? i have heard of a few tricks going on, If you have any doubts you can get confirmation from PP themselves, i nearly got hooked by one of these scams! Embarassed  All the best Bob
IP Logged

Bob Dorset
Matt

Manual'd and a 4.0 in the making

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Apr 8th, 2013, 9:39pm »

genuine paypal email will addresd you by name in the text body, if you recieve one saying dear 'paypal user' its more then likely a cloned email of paypals and is tgere for a scam

just like thr ones you get saying its from the police and youve been caught viewing naughty web sites but you can pay to have the details removed...
IP Logged

FDS2000 Scans - Birmingham
Daven

I'm a cheeky Boy! (Simmos fan club)

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: Apr 8th, 2013, 9:49pm »

on Apr 7th, 2013, 9:30pm, Pegasus wrote:

they thought I was a fraudster and put a block on the card Roll Eyes - all OK now Smiley

Paul

I can understand them  Grin
IP Logged
Pegasus

24V Cosworth  Ultima Born: Sept 97, sold Aug 23

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Apr 10th, 2013, 9:54pm »

on Apr 8th, 2013, 9:49pm, Daven wrote:

I can understand them  Grin

Now now Dave, don't have to be that cheeky Grin

Bank confirmed they've blocked PayPal for me (how kind of them) although I explained on phone that I do want this to continue - I'll check my account in a few days to see if money's gone out. Hard to believe this was all triggered by me topping up my PAYG by £20 - better to be safe than sorry I suppose  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Go Go Go ...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.