Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 2:53am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Aaagh, Pot holes »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Aaagh, Pot holes
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Aaagh, Pot holes  (Read 4468 times)
Nunnspoet

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Aaagh, Pot holes
« on: Dec 9th, 2013, 8:52am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Following all the work done on my wifes Scorpio Estate. as reported here, plus new MOT with no Advisories, last Monday morning I rang National Tyres in Taunton to say that I would be taking her in to them that afternoon to have the Tracking and Wheel Alignment checked.

I picked up a couple, friends of mine, back here in Chard and off we set at about 3.30pm.  En route I had to drive down a fairly narrow Estate road here in Chard with cars and a van parked on the nearside.  It was a dark dull foggy afternoon here and lots of Mums and Children about (School out time). I was driving at about 20MPH or less and concentrating on the pedestrians when suddenly BANG I hit a Pothole, Front nearside wheel with a brand new tyre.

Well, as I had no driving concerns we went on to Taunton. I dropped off my friends and called in to National Tyres asking them to make sure there was no damage to my new Tyre as they proceeded to check the wheel Alignment and the Tracking.

The tester called me over to the Hoilst to show me he could do nothing as the wheel had about about 1 inch play in it. He thought the bump had cracked the Wheel Bearing. He kindly wrote a report form me  .

On Tue last I comlained to the Higways Dept. They gave me a Claim No. telling me to get the repairs done and to submit my claim with the Invoices to them.

I took Carol's beloved Scorpio to my trusted garage here in Chard. He put her on his Hoist examined everything and came telling me the Bottom Arm ball joint was damaged requiring a new Bottom Arm and that there is play in that side Steering arm also needing renewing. He ordered the latter but could not source a Bottom Arm. I bought an new one from Ford at 220ish pounds inc. VAT.

The car is booked in to have the work done to-morrow.

Just what we needed just before Christmas.

However I thank God that I had decided to get the Wheel Alignment and Tracking done on Tue. morning.  I dread to think what might have happened had the Steerig  failed at speed. Perish the thought.

Mike  

Angry Smiley Undecided
IP Logged
Nunnspoet

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: Aaagh, Pot holes
« Reply #1 on: Dec 9th, 2013, 9:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

A couple of corrections:

"Front nearside wheel" should read Front offside wheel.

"last Monday morning I rang National Tyres in Taunton"  should read last Tuesday morning I rang National Tyres in Taunton  

"On Tue last I comlained to the Higways Dept" should read On Wed last......

Man I'm getting OLD.

Undecided

Mike
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.