Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 12:46am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« My Very Sad News For Me! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   My Very Sad News For Me!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My Very Sad News For Me!  (Read 5597 times)
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

My Very Sad News For Me!
« on: May 3rd, 2014, 11:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Only today my circumstance drastically changed.   I will need to get rid of both of my cars, after spending loads of money (particularly on the Jag just recently) on keeping them lovely.

The Scorpio has until July 10th MOT and until April 2015 Tax.   It will go with a mountain of spares including a full set of five 12 spokes that have been powder-coated silver.   The black powder-coated 12 spokes are on the car.   The ONLY rust on the car is a bit that isn't all the way through on the drivers-side the size of a 10p piece by the bumper on the rear wheel arch.   It has a full Stainless exhaust system.   There is too much to put on here on whats been done, but it will come with about £3k worth of receipts.   I'm open to sensible offers, but NOT to banger-racers, I would scrap the car myself first!   (Which I might well have to)    

The other is the Jag, it's a 1995 3.2 XJ6 in very lovely condition, it will go with fewer spares.    I've spent about £2k on getting this car into great condition, but unfortunately it failed the MOT on emissions this very morning!   I have just spent a Thousand Quid on this car,  refurbishing the cylinder-head, new gaskets/bolts/camchain/shims/valves/injectors/coils, you name it, but it's still failing the emissions and I'm stumped and I've spent enough money.   The car is taxed until November.

When the Scorpio's MOT is up it will sit and rot in the garden, the Jag is already in progress!

Both the cars will be put on ebay with a small reserve on them at some stage in the near future, I thought I'd give people on here an opportunity, (especially with the Scorpio) to own a car that will last for a good lot of time yet, (in the Jag's case I'm sure the emissions is just a 'glitch' of some sort.

I no-longer have the money or the incline to work on either of the cars, I'll be concentrating on my remaining Bikes.

Remember I live in the North of Scotland, for this reason alone I don't expect anyone on here to be interested, (same as last time) but I got to try.

Regards to all

Peter
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
amigafan2003

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: My Very Sad News For Me!
« Reply #1 on: May 3rd, 2014, 6:35pm »

What model is the Scorpio?
IP Logged
Andycan

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 3rd, 2014, 6:52pm »

A sad day indeed and I wish I could have put some bids in but it is costing me a fortune just to get my 24v back on the road and I have no room on the drive till then lol.  
I used to love my old XJ6 as well.
IP Logged
Daniel

Best cars Ever!!!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 3rd, 2014, 7:14pm »

Sorry to hear this mate  Sad
My 24v is going to cost a decent amount too. So couldn't afford yours  Sad
IP Logged

98 Facelift 2.3 Cuirass Ghia Estate 170k miles
97 pre facelift 24v Silver Ultima Saloon 24k miles
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: May 7th, 2014, 7:54am »

Amiga Fan its a 2.3 its in his profile......
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Glyn

Now an OAP ! 95 cossie and another !and a 12v

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: May 14th, 2014, 11:18pm »

Very sad to hear the news Peter.
Even though it's a long haul if I didn't already have 3 I would have taken it. Someone should get a good car. Now what am I going to do for spares ? Embarassed
Glyn
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.