Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 4:19am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Drop Links »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Drop Links
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Drop Links  (Read 4833 times)
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

Drop Links
« on: May 30th, 2014, 11:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Four years ago I replaced my Drop-Links because the car was 'clunky'.   Replaced with the supposed better Ford items.   My car started 'creaking' a few weeks ago, sounding almost definitely like the top strut bushes, I even sprayed them with silicon grease to no avail.   I presumed it was the bushes because the weather was getting hotter and they were drying out.   However, I put on my summer wheels last week and had a general check of the car whilst doing it, to discover the Drop-Links were very 'stuck'.   Got new Drop-Links for £25, Delphi items.   I replaced last night, the Drop-Links that came off were very poor, the worse I've seen!   The bottom ball was almost out of the socket, and the top ball was so stuck that it wouldn't move even belting it with a hammer!   Both rubbers were intact!   I couldn't believe it, but the car is silent again, and steers better.   It's amazing how one gets used to poor performance in a car when it deteriorates over time.   Lesson-Learned!
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.