Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 2nd, 2024, 12:22pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Bottom Ball Joint »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Bottom Ball Joint
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Bottom Ball Joint  (Read 506 times)
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

Bottom Ball Joint
« on: Jan 14th, 2018, 4:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well, here we are again talking on the subject of this blasted wishbone/ball-joint failure.

I have in the past tried to strip a wishbone down and find a ball-joint that will fit the naked hole, best I could do was find a manufacturer that would make a ball-joint to my specification, but would only do a minimum of 100 units.

Of course you can get a pair from belgium of QH manufacture for about £170 plus postage, (which was a tenner if I remember) but the last QH one that I fitted has only done 10k miles, in less than two years.   The Ford item is £177 each, and as far as I can see is a re-manufactured item, even though it's not an exchange unit.  

Well I've found another manufacturer now, from Italy.   I've just received a new Off-Side unit, and for the first time ever, this looks like a Brand-New complete ball-joint that has been fitted into a re-furbished wish-bone.   You can tell by looking at the whole unit that the complete old ball-joint has been removed from the wishbone, and a new unit put into the hole from the bottom, with a prominent flange on the bottom of the joint.   Looks really good, and the joint is really tight, but only time will tell!  £92 each.

Peter
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: Bottom Ball Joint
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14th, 2018, 6:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

A picture and a link to the supplier would certainly help Peter!   Cheesy
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.