Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 10:17pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Desperately seeking "Highlander" »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Desperately seeking "Highlander"
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Desperately seeking "Highlander"  (Read 787 times)
admin
Administrator

The Big Boss

View Profile

Desperately seeking "Highlander"
« on: Jul 9th, 2018, 2:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi i used to get parts from Highlander but he seems to have dissapeared, does anyone have any contact details? Thanks Pete.c
IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

Re: Desperately seeking "Highlander"
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29th, 2018, 5:00pm »

Pete... did you manage to get in touch with Stuart?
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Nov 29th, 2018, 7:07pm »

Hi Baz.....a blast from the past!! Grin
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 30th, 2018, 7:32am »

Hello Baz Grin
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Nov 30th, 2018, 11:08am »

Hello there chaps... how's things going? Sorry I've not been around for a long time, pressures of work and the acquisition of a MK1 Granada takes up much of my time these days!

Seems very quiet on here these days...
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 1st, 2018, 7:28am »

It IS very quiet now as the number of active members is very low. The number of Scorpios on the road is also dwindling and a few of the stalwarts remain on here joined by a few new members, but the forum keeps going and is still one of the best around.
Nice to hear from you again and I hope all is well with you and the family.
Best wishes
IP Logged

Baz

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Dec 10th, 2018, 12:06am »

Yes, all good here... I have gone backwards in my choice of cars these days, had a few Corsairs and finally got my hands on a 1977 MK1 Granada...  

Hope all is well with you and yours too
IP Logged
Torbayboy

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Dec 10th, 2018, 8:04am »

Hi  I am a relative "newby" on here, just thinking it must be quite difficult for you guys as mentioned above lots of people that had Scorpios have since moved on (why i don't know as compared to lots of modern thingys they're better) hence the loss of them to banger boys and manufacturer led "scrappage schemes" goverment approved because it brings in more tax so they have more money to waste on "stuff".

Anyway as Dave mentioned above less on the road and my comments on - British nil value to Scorpios - trying to find a really nice one or get money for one you don't need is a big problem, ebay splitters and banger boys kill a lot and trying to find some spares is virtually inpossible local Ford dealers are no help as they price things stupidly.

Nice to see new members on here, perhaps we are turning the corner to a brighter future with the Scorpio, the looks that were it's downfall originally have stood well in the test of time, great shame the final facelift was not the original spec as the rear in particular looks much better.

There is a massive pool of knowledge on here to help when you come across a problem would be such a shame not to try and build on this for the future, more new members and old hands dropping in for a chat would be great Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Cosworth Scorpio only 46 on the road now NOW down to 42.
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Dec 20th, 2018, 2:01pm »

Torquayboy... even in my days of owning Scorpios (10 of the 11 were Cosworths and facelifted ones too) the Scorpio was quite a rare beast and getting parts in 2005 was no easier than it is today for many things.... sadly, the banger boys will always manage to find their fun at the expense of rare cars, in many cases, the rarer the car, the more they seem to enjoy smashing them up.

I haven't been around for a while, but still have all the info I had back in the days when they were slightly more plentiful. I carried out many upgrades to my cars, rear screens, electric rear seats, and all manner of other things... I'm hoping to pop back in a little more regularly so maybe able to help!
IP Logged
Torbayboy

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Dec 20th, 2018, 6:14pm »

Hello Baz,

We have not spoken before but seems we carry the same flag!

Very nice to hear from an old hand amongst us "newbies" as obviously the same or similar problems still occur with the cars and without this site many would flounder badly as most garages dont even know waht a Scorpio is and think its an old Granny!

Great news you're coming back here more frequently now, look forward to your expertise helping others like me.

The bit I can't get my head around is the ex Scorpio owners - all praise and wish I still had one but don't snap up the good ones still out there (see my post "another scorpio lives on") while there are some left Shocked
IP Logged

Snoopy
Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 21st, 2018, 7:40am »

For a lot of us its a question of "Storage" and reliability. I still miss my Scorpio and if I had the room I would have kept it, but it was getting old , a bit like me, and I did not have the time or inclination to be crawling around in the wet and cold  doing those minor tasks that inevitably crop up with an older car. I still have a Ford Microcat disc and can sometimes help with diagrams etc but MOST if not ALL of that disc is now up on the web site, might I add with Ford (UK) permission and knowledge, They were quite good to us in the early days.
The comfort and ergonomics of the inside of the car have in my opinion still to be matched any any of today's.cars.
I stay on here because I still know a thing or two and have some good friends and acquaintances on here who I occasionally speak to.  
Its a mind set thing! any happy Christmas to one and all!
IP Logged

Torbayboy

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Dec 22nd, 2018, 9:40pm »

Hello Dave, nice to see it all from another viewpoint, being relatively new to the Scorpio -  storage is and always will be a problem Sad

I have to shuffle cars just so they all get a turn in use I have floated the idea before about a communal store for all us Scorpioers with cars and spares being increasingly hard to find in good condition but in reality this will never get off the ground.

It is difficult trying get a small meeting organised even amongst the few local members here in the south west so the prospect of funding and storage for future use to save the marque is down to individuals with space and money to do so,  yet somehow the banger fraternity seem to have no such problem, perhaps if the goverment introduced "start money" (like they get) every time we went out it would be different.

This is a great site and I have had much help with the many issues I have had over the last 24 months with these lovely cars, done nearly 300 miles today and Cosssie didnt miss a beat Smiley  how many 21 year old cars can claim that and not even a tired driver to boot!
IP Logged

Snoopy
Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 23rd, 2018, 7:04am »

Yes I remember all those long trips i used to do from here in Chester up to the west coast of Scotland in my Scorpio 375 miles with just a stop for fuel at Dumbarton and some food and being able to get out feeling tired but still reasonably comfortable. Not many cars I have had could do that if any in memory.It was/is the only car I drove that could do that for me and I drove professionally for a living. Had a couple at work as well so they MUST have been/are good cars.  
Times move on and I am getting older and i reminisce too much. Good luck with the cars you have.
IP Logged

Baz

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Dec 27th, 2018, 1:54pm »

I took mine into Europe a few times... there are a few posts on here in the forums which I made of one trip in particular... managing to post from the South of France about 10 years ago was quite a feat back then.... and very expensive as I recall Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.