Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 1:49pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« First Time Scorpio Owner »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   First Time Scorpio Owner
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: First Time Scorpio Owner  (Read 427 times)
FlefasaurusRex

1998 Ultima Cosworth Estate, Panther Black

View Profile Email

First Time Scorpio Owner
« on: Dec 28th, 2018, 9:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello all,

A new and first time owner, thought I'd introduce myself before I start bombarding you all with questions!

I bought my Scorpio back in April, a 1998 Ultima Cosworth Estate in Panther Black. I intend on getting it back on the road after the last MOT expired at the start of 2016 and it was laid up in a garage.

The car itself is pretty straight, just the rear arches letting it down (no surprises there) being 90% filler and now starting to come away from the bodywork. But I have the replacement panels and they're going on at some point.

For 152,000 miles, the engine sounds sweet as, except idling cold, I haven't found the source of a vacuum leak yet. But I've changed the oil, filter and spark plugs and the BOB lump is silky smooth, with an exhaust note that purrs, I can't wait to drive it.

So far this forum and the Scorpio site have been invaluable, expect to see more of myself and this car (haven't decided on a name yet).

-Mike

IP Logged
Torbayboy

View Profile

Re: First Time Scorpio Owner
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29th, 2018, 9:19am »

Welcome, new faces always needed here, good luck with all the work and if you don't know how to proceed ASK.

Lots of combine knowledge can sort most things, members up your way so you may get practical help also.

Great to see another car being saved.

Roy
IP Logged

Cosworth Scorpio only 46 on the road now NOW down to 42.
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Dec 29th, 2018, 10:26am »

Welcome. Headlamp washers and original fit reversing sensors too!!  Grin
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
FlefasaurusRex

1998 Ultima Cosworth Estate, Panther Black

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 29th, 2018, 12:38pm »

Yes it's got every option from the factory I believe, including a Ford fitted towbar. The headlamp washers and reversing sensors are both broken of course, can't have an old Ford without bumper to bumper faults...
IP Logged
QuentinG

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Dec 29th, 2018, 10:48pm »

Hello and welcome to the forum, look forward to seeing your updates and your car returning to the road.

I have only been here since August with my 2.3 Ultima saloon, which is currently MoTd but will fail the next one on sills. It is with a Bloke at the moment for these to be fixed hopefully.

Don't know whether my headlamp washers work yet, my reversing sensors work about 1 time in 10 but they are decidedly aftermarket with a monitor on the dash that looks like it came from one of those catalogues in the Sunday papers.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.