Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 7:37am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Ultima 2.3 returns »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Ultima 2.3 returns
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ultima 2.3 returns  (Read 926 times)
QuentinG

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Ultima 2.3 returns
« on: Feb 15th, 2019, 9:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My 2.3 Ultima finally returned today with two new outer sills, repairs to the inner sills, new rear wheelarches and a repair to a big rust blister on the rear door.
It looks like the job itself is pretty good and thorough, although the reassembly of some of the seals and so on was a bit patchy.
I was told on 8th December it would be ready in time for Christmas, and to cut a long and stressful story short there has been a lot of chasing since then.
Next job is to get it serviced and prepared for the MoT due next month. There is a link below to some pictures as it came back and after a good clean.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/118212148@N03/albums/72157689726118543
I did take some pictures of the repaired areas but they didn't come out too well.
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: Ultima 2.3 returns
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16th, 2019, 6:59am »

Good luck with the MOT. Car certainly looks tidy. Smiley
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Torbayboy

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 16th, 2019, 9:45am »

Great news, hoping to see another on the road soon then, and a late model with the real tail lights and 3 headrest back seats to boot.

Hope to meet up one day as have to travel out of Debn sometime, you must teach me how to load piccys Embarassed
IP Logged

Cosworth Scorpio only 46 on the road now NOW down to 42.
QuentinG

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Feb 16th, 2019, 11:00pm »

As regards loading pics, I don't know how to do it directly on this site.
I have got a free Flickr account, so what I did was to upload them to there, then create a new Album of just those pictures. When that Album has been saved I copy the address into the forum post.
IP Logged
QuentinG

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Feb 17th, 2019, 9:22am »

Be nice to attend a gathering of Scorpios together at some time, but quite a number seem to be off the road awaiting attention. The other thing is the age limit at a lot of car shows, which I think you can overcome sometimes if you have a club stand with a number of pre-booked vehicles.
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Feb 17th, 2019, 10:36am »

The age of some of the owners/drivers is another consideration!!  Grin Grin Grin
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Torbayboy

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Feb 17th, 2019, 12:48pm »

Hi all!

The limit in the  local Car shows for Torbay & Brixham (yes we DO have a car show!!) is 25 years, (but I'm older than that so I can attend) W i C k E d  can attend next year as he's an M reg chappie, but the rest don't qualify as they're still in nappies so far as shows locally go.
 May have posted in wrong place (sorry  Sad  )

As for age of owners "With age comes wisdom" and the sense to drive a comfy car  Cool or as my "bro" says "it's just a number" but he's wrong  'cos it's a BIG number now he's 76 .
IP Logged

Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Feb 17th, 2019, 4:18pm »

on Feb 17th, 2019, 12:48pm, Torbayboy wrote:
Hi all!

or as my "bro" says "it's just a number" but he's wrong  'cos it's a BIG number now he's 76 .

Just a youngster!!
 Grin
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Torbayboy

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Feb 17th, 2019, 4:43pm »

I must still be in nappies then at 66 Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Shocked
IP Logged

Technology2005

Scorpio 2.0 Ultima x 2

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Feb 18th, 2019, 2:11pm »

on Feb 15th, 2019, 9:53pm, QuentinG wrote:
My 2.3 Ultima finally returned today with two new outer sills, repairs to the inner sills, new rear wheelarches and a repair to a big rust blister on the rear door.
It looks like the job itself is pretty good and thorough, although the reassembly of some of the seals and so on was a bit patchy.
I was told on 8th December it would be ready in time for Christmas, and to cut a long and stressful story short there has been a lot of chasing since then.
Next job is to get it serviced and prepared for the MoT due next month. There is a link below to some pictures as it came back and after a good clean.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/118212148@N03/albums/72157689726118543
I did take some pictures of the repaired areas but they didn't come out too well.

Nice job, just out of interest, what sort of cost was it to have this work done? The outer sills on one of my Scorpios are more patch than sill these days and the wheelarches are definitely overdue for replacing!

David
IP Logged
QuentinG

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Feb 19th, 2019, 10:07pm »

Thanks, the cost was £800 with a 50% upfront payment. This covered fitting new outer sills and rear wheelarches on both sides, and making up new metal for the inner sills, paint and sealing. On top of this was the cost of the sills and arches which was £157.

Before this I had two quotes for £2,000 and three failures to quote. Hope this helps.
IP Logged
QuentinG

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Feb 19th, 2019, 10:12pm »

My car has been accepted in principle for the Festival of the Unexceptional classic parking in the summer, I just have to register when it opens.
IP Logged
Technology2005

Scorpio 2.0 Ultima x 2

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Feb 27th, 2019, 8:31pm »

on Feb 19th, 2019, 10:07pm, QuentinG wrote:
Thanks, the cost was £800 with a 50% upfront payment. This covered fitting new outer sills and rear wheelarches on both sides, and making up new metal for the inner sills, paint and sealing. On top of this was the cost of the sills and arches which was £157.

Before this I had two quotes for £2,000 and three failures to quote. Hope this helps.

The price you paid looks pretty reasonable! I've been quoted minimum of £1500 + Parts and had loads decline to take on the work.  Angry
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.