Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 7:18am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« another one gone »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   another one gone
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: another one gone  (Read 420 times)
Torbayboy

View Profile

another one gone
« on: May 4th, 2019, 7:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Despite all my efforts the cos saloon is heading for the "banger death" as Gozz once put it.

Very sad to see it go the way of many thousands of others, but in reality it needed to move on, salvaged a few bits before it went, but still saddened that it seems near the end for these lovely cars with so few left now.

We have lost 30 more in the last quarter of 2018 leaving just 348 taxed and of those only 107 are v6's Sad Sad Sad amd many of the members who helped all of us so much over the years have personally suffered the loss of their Scorpio

Seems the sorn numbers have recovered a little with just over 1081, hiding in sheds somewhere, or stuck with motor traders waiting for the inevitable rises in price as rarity pushes up the value.

Still in reality the banger fraternity may do us a favour and our cars will eventually be cherished and worth lots, then the theives will emerge to steal them - or worse still make "copies" of them to pretend they really are what they aren't, like the many botched Sierra's on flea bay etc.

We shall continue to fly the flag here in Devon, and would like to meet up with the few local(ish) members around the area if only to see what a Scorpio other than ours looks like!

IP Logged

Cosworth Scorpio only 46 on the road now NOW down to 42.
QuentinG

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: another one gone
« Reply #1 on: May 4th, 2019, 11:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I get the impression that the preceding model is now starting to edge up and has some owners willing to spend money on them so maybe things will start to change soon.

I was corresponding with a chap yesterday on Messenger whose 95 car had been rear-ended and he is happy to pay for getting a new rear panel made.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.