Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 8:21pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« saved another one »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   saved another one
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: saved another one  (Read 557 times)
Torbayboy

View Profile

saved another one
« on: Sep 23rd, 2019, 7:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Very pleased to say i am just about to save a Cossie estate, having dealt long distance and used Sherlock Holmes techniques to track down, evaluate and secure this nice early car that would have qualified for M registration but is actualluy N plate.

She has been stored for over a decade in Scotland where they planned her demise, luckily I became aware of her.

Took a chance on it and possibly has paid off, best bit for me is that the car had been sold TWICE to people who wanted to rip her heart out for use in some lesser vehicle, but TWICE now they have failed Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy needless to say those fears are over safe in our hands she will go on for a long time hopefully and be used as befits Ford best luxury car.  

Anyone like to tell me what I bought and how much, just teasing will add some pictures Shocked when I know how to do it. Will update as it goes but preliminary impressions are good for MOT and on the road soon.

Thanks for all the help from the forum, looks like the Scorpio is finally getting it's day, prices on the up and some great cars out there at present.
Roy  Grin Grin

Sorry if I've crossed over to cars for sale here, but really one is subject to the other.
IP Logged

Cosworth Scorpio only 46 on the road now NOW down to 42.
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

Re: saved another one
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23rd, 2019, 9:23am »

I saw one up north on Gumtree for £400 but didn't post it as too far for most people, was it this one:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/ford/scorpio-ghia-x-2.3-estate-auto.-was-still -motd-when-garaged.not-needing-much-to-put-back-on-road/1350881668
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Torbayboy

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 23rd, 2019, 11:21am »

Sorry Dave not that one  Wink it was missing the back bumper, and the Scottish person was ignorant!
IP Logged

scorpi-oh

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Sep 23rd, 2019, 2:47pm »

Hi Roy,  I hardly dare ask but would you consider selling your M reg saloon to me?  You know what for but parts are getting so hard to find and every time something goes wrong with REG I'm terrified I'll lose him.  I promise your car would be treated with respect just as MOUK has been, the parts live on, they are spoken to by name every day with gratitude and kissed each night.  I'd give my life to save REG he means the world to me.  Please forgive me for asking but I have to try.
Eileen
IP Logged
Torbayboy

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 24th, 2019, 2:49pm »

Hi  there are vehicles out there at end of life - rotted out but this ex CJN  car isn't one of them, looking for around £2500 for it, needs a few things doing and then it can be really nice but something has to give I can't keep them all, even this one had offers above what i paid on ebay as it was being loaded on the transporter in 2017, nice scorps are good money, ones with no body issues are very rare now, its not A1 but with the right new owner it could be.

Sad Sad Any one figured out the N reg estate yet? Smiley
IP Logged

Torbayboy

View Profile

Re: saved another one update
« Reply #5 on: Oct 3rd, 2019, 6:08pm »

Looking good now had to have a little work on sills, underside clean just need to renew brakes etc and get right colour door for it and hopefully good news next week.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.