Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 9:57am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« My former Scorpio »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   My former Scorpio
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My former Scorpio  (Read 743 times)
QuentinG

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

My former Scorpio
« on: Apr 1st, 2020, 8:04am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Very pleased to see last night that my former Scorpio has got a new MoT with no advisory items recorded.
Hope everyone is as OK as possible under the circumstances? I'm still working but at home.
IP Logged
Torbayboy

View Profile

Re: My former Scorpio
« Reply #1 on: Apr 1st, 2020, 6:59pm »

Hi Quentin, told you to keep it dinni??

Nice to see life on here again, mots now extended for 6 months so if anyone wants my cos saloon or 2.3 estae lets hear from you, the original july expiry on the saloon is now good for the rest of the year according to the Govt.  

Went for a short necessary trip in the silver cos estate today, dont like standing do they! Needs a blast up the ring road but sure to get stopped as its LOUD thanks to david (previous owner) fitting a stainless exhaust AND stands out like a sore thumb as its unusual too.

How are others getting on? are we all still here? How low is petrol now?
Like a fool i filled up with £1.14 litre just before boris grounded us all - well the ones that take notice anyway,                    

Smiley Smiley Smiley happy happy happy but still a child Huh
IP Logged

Cosworth Scorpio only 46 on the road now NOW down to 42.
QuentinG

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Apr 1st, 2020, 9:24pm »

I filled up too and it lasts a month even when I'm actually using my car so it'll be ages. I qualify as a key worker but they haven't actually asked me to go in as yet. I heard some places as low as 99.5p. MoT thing is one small bonus although our local garage still taking work.
IP Logged
Torbayboy

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Apr 9th, 2020, 9:35pm »

Glad to know you're staying in Quentin, shame same can't be said for the cyclists "lycra louts" as they have now been christened, tons of 'em round here and riding all over the roads generally in packs (like dogs and wolves) and less than 6'8" apart also.

It's alright stopping people sealed up in cars going for a "jolly" but sweaty panting cyclists going over the speed limit are getting away with it big time.

Is it my age or was there a promise to crack down on them a while ago to get them registered and fitted hopefuuly with a device that self distructs when they break the highway code-Boris I got a job for you.
 Cheesy  stay safe, except the banger boys and splitters - of course Wink
IP Logged

QuentinG

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Apr 9th, 2020, 11:41pm »

Well they talk about getting them to comply with the laws but not much happens, around here they are behaving well just now though, never more than two or three and keeping well apart. Parts of London before this happened it was quite scary to be a pedestrian because of them. Mind you here in Horndean someone seems to have set the separation distance at 15' rather than 6'. Hope you are not going too mad with all this confinement stuff.
IP Logged
scorpio_mad_one

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Apr 14th, 2020, 1:37pm »

whats the cos saloon like ??
IP Logged
Torbayboy

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Apr 14th, 2020, 7:11pm »

State blue feb 95 reg so early has 101000 on the clock and needs aircon pump, has had new ford rad recently and can be traced on m472wce, on black 12 spokes at present but can revert to teardrops if you want to keep original, message me direct if you want pics etc, but will not sell for splitting or banger so if that your intention then dont bother.
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

must make over grand and a half (at the very least), only selling as I have too many and estates are beter for me.
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
last time advertised it read like this
Ford Scorpio Ultima 2.9 24V Automatic. MOT’d until July 2020. Have extensive receipts & history, all MOTs (subject to checking). The interior is in excellent condition with leather seats, unusually for this early a car both front seats are fully electric and the dip passenger mirror on reverse works. Ford Radio/Cassette and 6-disc CD multichanger in the boot, Climate Control Air Conditioning (needs a new compressor and re-gas), Cruise Control, Electric mirrors, 4 Electric windows and sunroof (has not been opened in my ownership).Trip computer, heated front & rear screens, memory function for drivers seat & mirrors up to 3 drivers. Bodywork is in good condition, paint is not perfect but a good standard, claycloth or power mop would see it gleaming, roof was redone last year as it had started to have laquer lifting, underside has no issues and last MOT no advisories. A trailer towbar and electrics is fitted just a lightweight one for general use. The car is on non standard for this year (1995) 12-spoke but black alloys at present, but will be sold with the original "teardrops alloys" fitted as this is correct for this early a car. Also the late style rear lights are fitted but if you wish can be reverted back to the original rear lights with the chrome bar. Mechanically the car is in excellent order, new Ford radiator recently fitted & having been well maintained by the previous owner, the engine sounds great, and the gearbox operates as it should. Yet again as the car is early the is no Ultima badging on doors or gearstick surround also no "high level" brake light this is the correct standard. As mentioned MOT’d until July 2020. I also have the original Ford handbook with the wallet, as well as the audio guide, service book and other documents from Ford. Enquiries welcome. I WILL NOT sale for splitting or engine change. She must go to a loving home or I'll keep her. ...for ever Wink Wink
IP Logged

scorpio_mad_one

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Apr 17th, 2020, 5:23pm »

Hi yes I am  interested in the scorpio cossie for myself been after one foe a while know .
IP Logged
Torbayboy

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Apr 26th, 2020, 3:01pm »

Loads of pictures etc available if any interest anywhere, needs a battery (free with car if I get my price & fitted to boot-well battery tray anyway).
Can revert to original spec with early lights etc if required.

Smiley Wink Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Huh Huh
Child like person
IP Logged

Torbayboy

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: May 23rd, 2020, 6:57pm »

Hello..... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry
IP Logged

Glyn

Now an OAP ! 95 cossie and another !and a 12v

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: May 24th, 2020, 2:28am »

Hello, you're not alone !
IP Logged
Torbayboy

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: May 25th, 2020, 6:21pm »

Hi Glyn , long time no speak, seems alone on here though Shocked

Hoping to move the excess ones on but cant even run the ones I have as they all need good runs to liven them up now. Hows yours going?? Still have plenty I presume Grin, I just need a bigger drive as reluctant to let any go really soooo scarce nowadays.
 Stay well R
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.